We are recruiting confident, experienced catering professionals to take charge of our kitchen operations, ensure the highest standards of health and hygiene and train and motivate their team by sharing enthusiasm for all things food and ski.
As Head Chef you will attend weekly meetings with the Hotel Manager, act as Duty Manager for the hotel when required, prepare staff rotas in line with business requirements and ensure punctuality and reliability within the department.
With over 80 years of experience we are the UK’s leading supplier of school ski trips meaning that we cater for large volumes of school groups three times a day whilst at the same time offering our adult clientele delicious Alpine cuisine on a half board basis. We need someone who can do it all –quality and quantity. You will work from set menus to provide high quality and delicious food throughout the duration of the season.
We are looking for candidates who have a proven track record in the following areas; health & safety, managing and developing a team, customer service, financial and commercial awareness. As well as all that, you should be enthusiastic and have a passion for mountain life!
Person Spec and Skills:
- Experience of international cuisine, special dietary requirements, stock control and ordering
- Level 1 Health & Safety & Level 2 Health & Hygiene an advantage
- Able to maximise all business opportunities with a pro-active approach
- Good eye for detail and accuracy
- Passionate about the hospitality/ski industry and customer service
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Previous staff-management experience
- Proven leadership ability and skills to motivate others
- Well organised, good planning skills and flexible
- Competent and enthusiastic
- Working knowledge of French an advantage
- Positive and self motivated
- Hands-on approach
Essential – Level 1 Health and Hygiene and previous experience of managing a kitchen team.
Desirable – Level 2 Health and Hygiene (Intermediate), working knowledge of French.
Fancy the Challenge? Equity are passionate about their staff and as such we offer a competitive package to entice you away from the humdrum of daily life to come and work for us in the sunny snowy mountains! We provide full accommodation, travel to and from the UK, insurance, competitive salary, three meals a day, ski hire and a resort lift pass.