|Country: Austria, France,|
|Accommodation Provided: Yes Training Provided: Yes|
We are looking for experienced Hotel Managers to manage our properties – ensuring a friendly and relaxed atmosphere for our guests, and exceptional levels of customer service.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Team Management
- Train and develop staff to maximise performance, aid retention and reduce turnover.
- Accountable for the delivery of the performance management process in line with Company procedures.
- Lead and inspire individuals to develop a highly motivated, committed team.
- Ensure team receive, understand & adhere to all company policies & procedures.
- Co-ordinate workload of staff within the hotel including rotas etc.
- Manage overseas overhead budget following Resort Hotel Manager guidance.
- Accountable for hotel weekly accounts and all company paperwork as per company & audit procedures.
- Work within the company set budgets relating to food, linen and cleaning costs to provide the standard of service required.
- Control the cash handling within the hotel to ensure all relevant departments are aware of their responsibilities and cash/credit card payments are recorded accurately.
- Ensure a weekly banking takes place and is accounted for in line with company procedure.
- Ensure the security of monies held in the property and ensure the security of the hotel safe by limiting the access.
- Control all stocks within the hotel and ensure stock takes are completed accurately and on time each week for accounting purposes.
- Develop all aspects of incremental sales within the hotel, implementing new initiatives to meet and exceed targets.
- Develop the lunch time trade within the hotel, promoting new ideas in order to maximise on sales opportunities.
Quality Assurance/Customer Service
- Manage all aspects of the customer service within the hotel in order to anticipate and exceed customer expectations.
- Develop product knowledge to ensure accurate delivery of service.
- Monitor, analyse and provide feedback to all departments regarding complaints, CSQ's, and all other customer feedback in order to identify trends and take pro-active actions.
- Resolution of customer complaints within the hotel.
- Ensure in resort compensation guidelines are followed in conjunction with the Resort Manager/Resort Hotel Manager.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are implemented according to Company standards.
- Keep Resort Hotel Manager and all staff informed on all relevant business issues & updates using varied methods of communication.
- Provide detailed and accurate reports as required by Resort Hotel Manager and Hotels General Manager.
- Escalate or communicate to Resort Hotel Manager all issues deemed fit or which cannot be resolved locally, or, which will have high customer/financial impact.
- Hold staff and management meetings on a weekly basis to review & improve performance, communicate minutes & actions to Resort Hotel Manager.
- Carry out all supplier communication activity in line with company procedure (Local authorities, Government bodies etc.).
- Ensure suppliers have a full understanding of all product and service specifications in order to ensure effective delivery.
- Complete orders in line with company procedures to ensure correct stock levels are maintained.
- Review services offered & obtain feedback from internal & external customers on an ongoing basis and contribute ideas for continued development.
- Manage all incidents in line with company procedures.
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained in local procedures.
- Anticipate potential problems/situations and act accordingly to create solutions.
- React in line with company procedure to any unexpected situations.
Key skills, knowledge, experience and competencies
- Good knowledge of the company processes/procedures.
- Knowledge of hotel environment.
- Knowledge of the Tourism industry.
- Experience in a hotel management role.
- Knowledge and understanding of sales strategies & business development.
- Customer Focus.
- Communication Skills.
- Making decisions.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Attention to detail.
- Motivated to succeed.
- Organisational skills.
Any additional relevant information
Some small hotels only have 1 manager and no supervisory team. These hotels require a 'hands-on' manager who can work well on their own initiative, whilst still motivating the team to deliver service standards.
- Previous experience of working in a ski resort
- Second Language in either French or Italian
Sorry, this opportunity is no longer available. To search for similar jobs or courses, please use the menu above to view our current list of live vacancies.