Location : France, Alpe D'Huez
Start Date : November 2018
The Salary : Competitive Seasonal Package
SkiBound operate a number of ClubHotels; all of our properties vary so that we can offer different experiences to our guests. Whether it be the more traditional French style mountain experience or a more lively resort we can deliver different options to our guests. What this means is that for our staff they can have a truly unique experience working with Skibound.
A Typical Day in the Job
As a Kitchen Porter/ Night Porter you will have the best of both worlds. A combination of day and night shifts will give you more flexibility when it comes to mountain time. You will be an integral part of the kitchen team and ensure our chefs have everything they need to fuel our guests for a day on the slopes. Your main mission for each service will be to keep the pots and pans clean, you’ll also get involved in some basic food prep (a great way to kick start your career in the kitchen, if that’s what you’re looking for!)
By night you will be the eyes and ears of the hotel, dealing with basic customer queries or issues as and when they arise. You’ll also carry out health and safety checks, some cleaning and generally making sure everything is ticking over so our guests have a good night’s rest.
Who are we looking for?
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment – you’ll feel the heat of the kitchen!
- Works well individually and as part of a team
- Previous cleaning or kitchen experience is ideal – but don’t worry we’ll give you the tricks of the trade!
- Customer service experience
What we can offer you
- Role progression and the chance to return for future season (who knows, you might be the next Grande Fromage!)
- Ski equipment and lift pass (we’ll even sort your insurance!)
- Accommodation – we’ve got it covered!
- 3 meals a day, 7 days a week – just what you need after an afternoon on the slopes
- Organised travel to and from resort
- Further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA