Location : France, Alpe D'Huez
Start Date : November 2018
The Salary : Competitive Seasonal Package
SkiBound operate a number of ClubHotels; all of our properties vary so that we can offer different experiences to our guests. Whether it be the more traditional French style mountain experience or a more lively resort we can deliver different options to our guests. What this means is that for our staff they can have a truly unique experience working with Skibound.
A Typical Day in the Job
Our kitchens are the key ingredient to our bustling club hotels. As a Head Chef with Skibound you will be the driving force for delivering high cover, high quality meals appealing to a younger palette alongside an exciting, more sophisticated menu for our adult guests. Our kitchen teams are a vibrant mix of abilities and a vital part of your role will be to inspire and develop our more junior members of the team. Through your passion for the industry you will be happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in cooking alongside your team, whilst managing the key tasks to the smooth running of the kitchen – stock control, ordering and budgeting will be your domain. Working in the mountains is like no other, we will provide you with training on how things are done in France!
Who are we looking for?
- Confident heading up a team and running a kitchen
- Proven experience of independent stock control and ordering
- An excellent understanding of the Health and Safety regulations (Food & Hygiene, HACCP, COSHH)
- Experience in preparing meals to cater for all dietary requirements
- Able to work in line with the Hotel Manager to establish budgets and hit KPI targets
- Resourcefulness – at the top of the mountain you’ll need to be creative with ingredients, menus and available equipment
- Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck – from basic food prep to an end of service clean
- A desire and the necessary knowledge to develop more junior members of your team
What we can offer you
- Ski equipment and lift pass (we’ll even sort your insurance!)
- Accommodation – we’ve got it covered!
- 3 meals a day, 7 days a week – just what you need after an afternoon on the slopes
- Organised travel to and from resort
- Further seasonal opportunities with us and our sister brands, Travelbound and JCA