with Ski Peak
|Chalet Job Resort Job France|
|£120 a week including food and lodgings|
Ski Peak/Peak Adventures staff create a very strong and close bond with each other. They join the 'Ski Peak family' in a group called 'Past Their Peakers' which plays host to various outings and meets with previous years staff, not to mention brilliant deals for your family and friends forever more.
Many previous staff stay on for the winter or find other opportunities in resort throughout the year... you won't want to leave!
A Typical Day in the Job
In general these are the timings or work
07:30 - 10:00
Clearing snow and making paths for guests, helping others where necessary, laying fires for the evening, informing guests of the weather, booking restaurants for them shuttling the guests to the lift station
10:30 - 15:30
Time to relax and enjoy your surroundings plus get stuck into the activities on the mountain be it summer or winter...
- Summer: hiking, cycling, mountain biking, swimming, paddle boarding, sailing, whitewater rafting, paintballing, archery, tennis, boulles etc etc
- Winter: skiing, snowboarding, hiking
15:30 - 17:30
Be on call to shuttle the guests back to the chalets from the lift station.
19:00 - 21:30
Dinner service where you may be required to help out as KP
- Changeover days can be busy
- Vaujany is a small alpine resort, one of the most picturesque in the world (Telegraph). You will become great friends with the locals and have a tight nit group by the end.
- Many seasonnaires stay on for the summer months and the following years. Either with us or with other businesses (marry into the village)!
- Prepare for many a soiree and BBQ up at the 'collet' tennis and activity centre.
Who are we looking for?
We are a small organisation that provide a dedicated, customer facing service. Please only apply if you are willing to go that extra mile to ensure our guests stay is the best it can be. You will also be required to post pictures on Facebook showcasing the weeks activities and from time to time help in the writing of a blog.
You should be at least 23 years of age.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in customer service
- Passionate about offering the very best experience - Happy, friendly, smiley, talkative
- Hard working and reliable
- Willing to go above and beyond the call of duty for our guests
- Enthusiastic and happy to learn
- Capable of working independently and making decisions
- Good communication with staff, the office and guests
- Flexible and organised
- Responsive to situations and issues
- A quick learner
- Good organisation and time management
- Happy to help other staff in their jobs when necessary
There are a few things you require to be eligible, unless a different solution can be found
- UK bank account
- A working visa
- A National Insurance Number
- An EU passport (you can get a UK working visa and a national insurance number)
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary
- Breakfast supplied every day
- Lunch (sandwich)
- Cooked dinner supplied every working day
- One full day off per week.
- A fantastic insight into what the alps is all about
- A resort that has a lot to offer and will sweep you off your feet
- Good staff lodgings with wifi, kitchen, TV, balcony
- Transport to resort at the beginning of the season and transport back at the end of the season from Lyon/Grenoble airport or train station
- Free covered parking in resort
Please note, this vacancy has now been filled for the 2019/20 ski season. If you wish to be considered for a similar role for 2020/21, please submit an application using the form below. If you give us permission below, we may share your CV with our ski companies who are recruting for people with your skills or experience.
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 1007 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Ski Peak). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849