Location : Austria, Tyrol region
Start Date : November 2018
The Salary : Competitive
Do you have a bubbly, enthusiastic personality, a good sense of humour and are not afraid of hard work? Our staff are crucial to the success of the business so we train them comprehensively and support them throughout the season. We know there is a huge choice of ski companies to choose from and when people opt to work for us, we try our best to ensure their winter with VIP SKI is an extremely positive and happy experience. As a result we have a high percentage of returning staff and many of our new staff will have come to us through recommendations from existing or past employees.
VIP SKI offer a range of service levels including Classic, CLUB, Hotel and Platinum meaning that we have a wide variety of jobs to choose from and offer a competitive package. We welcome individuals, couples and mature applicants. Candidates need to be available for training in November and employment lasts until April/May. Due to French and Austrian employment law only EU passport holders who are resident in the UK with a permanent UK National Insurance number need apply.
A Typical Day in the Job
The Head Chef will be responsible for designing and executing a suitable menu for the VIP SKI hotel. We pride ourselves on delivering delicious food to the appetite of a hungry skier, whilst considering a balanced diet. This role is hard work, yet highly rewarding.
VIP SKI provide a full cooked breakfast, an afternoon tea selection and a four course meal each evening for the guests. The Head Chef will ultimately take control of their kitchen team, whilst being supported by the Hotel Managers and the Executive Chef. The main duties involved are:
- Creating and producing delicious, varied and balanced menus for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner for the VIP SKI guests, as well as providing food for staff members
- Tailoring menus to guest needs, allergies and dietary requirements
- Overseeing the smooth running of the kitchen
- Ensure our exceptional standards are being met by all of our hotel staff
- Monitoring guest feedback with regards to the catering, and taking any action required
- Working within an allocated budget
- Maintaining high levels of food hygiene, and ensuring the kitchen is in a safe condition at all times
Who are we looking for?
We require our kitchen team to have previous professional chef experience, and previous ski-season experience is preferable.
Flexibility and a positive attitude is of the upmost importance, but we also require the following:
- Ability to motivate a kitchen team
- A team player
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Previous man-management
- Certification of Food Hygiene qualifications
- Ability to design and execute a menu
- Capacity to deal with multiple dietary requirements
- Full, clean driving licence, held for 5 years
What we can offer you
We pride ourselves on being an honest, genuine company who give support to all of our staff across all resorts.
We offer a highly competitive package, including the following:
- Competitive salary
- Arrangement of accommodation
- Full area ski lift pass
- Ski/Board hire
- Full medical insurance, with Winter Sports coverage
-Transport to and from the Alps
- Comprehensive 10 day training course
Advert has expired
Sorry, this listing is no longer available. Please check below for current vacancies from this company, or use the menu above to discover similar vacancies from similar companies.