Location : France,
Start Date : November 2018
The Salary : Competitive
Do you have a bubbly, enthusiastic personality, a good sense of humour and are not afraid of hard work? Our staff are crucial to the success of the business so we train them comprehensively and support them throughout the season. We know there is a huge choice of ski companies to choose from and when people opt to work for us, we try our best to ensure their winter with VIP SKI is an extremely positive and happy experience. As a result we have a high percentage of returning staff and many of our new staff will have come to us through recommendations from existing or past employees.
VIP SKI offer a range of service levels including Classic, CLUB, Hotel and Platinum meaning that we have a wide variety of jobs to choose from and offer a competitive package. We welcome individuals, couples and mature applicants. Candidates need to be available for training in November and employment lasts until April/May. Due to French and Austrian employment law only EU passport holders who are resident in the UK with a permanent UK National Insurance number need apply.
A Typical Day in the Job
Our Chalet Hosts will be responsible for the running of a successful chalet. We do not actively look for qualified chefs or cooks, although a passion for cooking and confidence throwing dinner parties is a necessity. This role is hard work, yet highly rewarding.
VIP SKI provide a full cooked breakfast, an afternoon tea selection and a four course meal each evening for the guests. The Chalet Host is responsible for delivering our service promise. Your day will start with wake up drinks served in bed first thing, serving breakfast, a daily hotel clean, and will finish cooking dinner and clearing the table at night.
- Preparing breakfast, afternoon tea and a four course meal 6 days per week as specified on the website and in the company manual
- Children's meals
- To act as a host/hostess to VIP SKI guests and provide exceptional customer service
- To clean the chalet thoroughly
- Ensure the chalet is maintained in a safe condition, including food hygiene, at all times
- Snow clearing/maintenance of the chalet hot tub and sauna (where necessary)
Who are we looking for?
We do not require our Chalet Hosts to be professionally trained, but we do ask for a strong background of hospitality experience and to have a passion for cooking
Flexibility and a positive attitude is of the upmost importance, but we also require the following:
- We prefer more mature applicants, who have more ’life experience’ to share around the dinner table
- Positive and gregarious attitude
- Exceptional eye for detail
- A ’can-do’ attitude
- Ability to take pride in own work
- Initiative, reliability and self-motivation
- Great organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
What we can offer you
We pride ourselves on being an honest, genuine company who give support to all of our staff across all resorts.
We offer a highly competitive package, including the following:
- Competitive salary
- Arrangement of accommodation
- Full area ski lift pass
- Ski/Board hire
- Full medical insurance, with Winter Sports coverage
-Transport to and from the Alps
- Comprehensive 10 day training course