Resort Manager (team of 20)
with Ski Magic
|France, Three Valleys|
We know it’s important to make sure our team is well supported to have a really great season. As a small team (just over 20), we’re on hand to ensure that happens!
We’re lucky to have several returning team members each year, and that’s something our guests recognise too.
You'll get plenty of ski time as we make sure that your working hours are kept to a minimum, with support and ongoing training.
A Typical Day in the Job
First port-of-call for guests during their stay, you’ll also be responsible for managing a team of around 20 (chalet hosts, nannies, ski technicians/drivers) to ensure they have all they need to fulfil their job role, as well as maintaining company standards.
During your week your main duties could include:
• Monitor and manage the team performance and rotas, delivering ongoing training and development
• Lead weekly staff meeting
• Monitor and communicate H&S standards
• Ensure chalets are operating in accordance with company standards and procedures
• Stock control and distribution, budgets, shopping and supplier liaison
• Petty cash transactions and accounting
• The organisation of chalet and vehicle maintenance and snow clearing
• Ensure chalet equipment levels are maintained
• Weekly preparation for guest arrivals, transfers, lift passes, ski hire & childcare
• In-resort guest liaison
• Liaison with local resort services eg. tourist office, lift pass office, ski school
SKI TIME: Split shifts during the week will allow ski time on most days of the season (except changeover days!)
Who are we looking for?
You’ll be a natural communicator, with experience in leading or managing a team. Ideally, you’ll have a background in hospitality and/or catering and will be well organised, motivated and enthusiastic. Administration experience will be useful, as you’ll be spending some time in the office. The position also requires driving the company minibus.
Within the small team, you’ll be able to motivate and inspire to ensure the guest's needs are being met (and surpassed!)
If you have some experience as a seasonnaire, this will stand you in good stead for this challenging but rewarding role. Ski Magic is a small company, so you’ll play a major part in the team and will get to know how the business is run on a day-to-day basis.
Competencies and experiences:
• A natural communicator with customer service skills
• Proven team management experience, leadership and motivation skills
• Experience in organising and delivering pre-season and ongoing staff training programs preferred
• Familiarity with computer-based administration programs
• Excellent time management and prioritisation, with the ability to work unsupervised
• Travel industry experience – ideally experience of previous ski seasons with a catered chalet company
• Experience in cooking for groups / at dinner parties is essential
• Experience in dealing with the public in a customer service-oriented environment
• Must be a confident driver with a clean license held for more than 2 years
• French language skills are an advantage, but not essential
Applicants must be over 21 in order to be insured to drive a company vehicle, hold an EU passport, have a UK National Insurance number and UK bank account.
What we can offer you
Full board and your own accommodation
Ski pass with ski insurance
Return travel to/from the UK
Seasonnaire medical insurance
The benefits of working in a small team alongside owner-directors