A Typical Day in the Job
Ultimately, it is the duty of our FOH is to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests In our new high end Indian restaurant.
· Greet and escort customers to their tables, be the host.
· Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
· Prepare tables by setting up linens, cutleries and glasses
· Offer menu recommendations upon request
· Up-sell additional products when appropriate
· Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
· Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
· Serve food and drink orders
· Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
· Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
· Deliver checks and collect bill payments
· Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
· Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
· Follow all relevant health department regulations
· Provide excellent customer service to guests
· Create memories and give reason to return to our guests
· Help with bar duties if needed. Stock up, Line checks.
• Preparation and clean/up stages before and after the bar shift;
• Coordinating functions, events and parties that take place in the bar and assist with managing Food and Beverage part of other events that take place in hotel;
• Supporting management team with any tasks that are required to ensure guest satisfaction;
• Promotion – both targeting existing guests with special offers and thinking of new ways how to attract more clients to the bar;
• Use high level of fluency in English to communicate to guests, suppliers, locals, managers and the team (French as well is a bonus).