Waiter / Waitress
with Chamois dOr Hotel
|Catering Hospitality Bar Staff France|
|France, Les Gets|
|December - April|
We are known for providing a personalised, friendly service, which is why our hotel feels like second home to most guests.
Our outstanding team is frequently recognised and commented for their professionalism, attention to detail and for going above and beyond to ensure each and every guest has a memorable experience.
A Typical Day in the Job
Ultimately, it is the duty of our FOH is to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests In our new high end Indian restaurant.
· Greet and escort customers to their tables, be the host.
· Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies)
· Prepare tables by setting up linens, cutleries and glasses
· Offer menu recommendations upon request
· Up-sell additional products when appropriate
· Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization
· Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff
· Serve food and drink orders
· Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems
· Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area
· Deliver checks and collect bill payments
· Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning
· Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties)
· Follow all relevant health department regulations
· Provide excellent customer service to guests
· Create memories and give reason to return to our guests
· Help with bar duties if needed. Stock up, Line checks.
• Preparation and clean/up stages before and after the bar shift;
• Coordinating functions, events and parties that take place in the bar and assist with managing Food and Beverage part of other events that take place in hotel;
• Supporting management team with any tasks that are required to ensure guest satisfaction;
• Promotion – both targeting existing guests with special offers and thinking of new ways how to attract more clients to the bar;
• Use high level of fluency in English to communicate to guests, suppliers, locals, managers and the team (French as well is a bonus).
Who are we looking for?
• English - high level of fluency to best manage guests and suppliers;
• Proficiency in French;
• Previous experience in fast-paced bar/restaurant preferred;
• Exceptionally presented, energetic and positive individual;
• Decisive personality and strong initiative;
• Ability to work with promotions to meet and exceed sales targets.
What we can offer you
£600 paid monthly into bank account
• Rentable Accommodation from landlord (salary indicated is after rent
• Full Season Lift Pass
• Meal provision for all meals
• Ski or snowboard equipment hire for entire season;
• Contribution for transport to French Alps
• Employed through a UK company so need to be legally able to work in the UK
A SEASON OF FUN WITH THE POSSIBILITY TO BE ON THE SLOPES DAILY AS THE RESTAURANT AND BAR ARE ONLY OPEN IN THE EVENING.
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to email@example.com including JOB REF: 1104 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Chamois dOr Hotel). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849