Location : France, Megeve
Start Date : Mid-Dec 2019
The Salary : Competitive salary + tips, travel to and from London, medical insurance, ski and boot hire, full area ski pass, food and good accommodation
I think the fact that Megeve is such a beautiful resort and fairly unknown by the British market so you do feel like you are in France rather than an extension of the UK. We also offer short breaks and ski weekends which is unusual. However, the reason our guests keep coming back to us is our wonderful staff. Guests often comment on how friendly and helpful our staff are. We believe this is because we look after our staff and make sure they are enjoying their season with us. Many remain our lifelong friends and this is reflected in how they in turn look after our guests.
A Typical Day in the Job
We are currently looking for a new manager for one of our chalet-hotels in Megève. This would be an ideal role for someone with some management and/or winter season experience looking to work closely with guests and staff members to make sure that we all have a super time working together.
Reporting directly to the Resort Manager, you would be responsible for the day-to-day running of your chalet, the management of your staff (4 or 5 employees) and your guests' overall enjoyment of their holiday. Your daily tasks would involve a mix of chalet work, guest interaction, planning and organisation as well as some admin, occasional airport transfers and anything else that pops up along the way.
We take pride in how well we take care of our staff, from the standard of our accommodation to the amount of ski time we offer compared to other companies.
• Planning your and your staff members' shifts and keeping everyone organised;
• Helping with chalet tasks such as snow clearing, housekeeping, dinner service and dishes;
• Dealing with staff issues and development with the assistance of the resort manager;
• Dealing with guests' requests or problems;
• Assisting the chef with orders and stock control;
• Completing the required admin work for your team during the season;
• Doing the occasional transfer
Stanford Skiing's Setup
- Two chalet-hotels, one chalet and apartments in Megève;
- A team of around 15, including 5 members of staff for each chalet-hotel and 2 for the chalet;
- Resort Manager, Maintenance Person and Resort Administrator in resort for the best possible support.
We ensure that your hard work is rewarded with what you’re here to enjoy: skiing. Megève is a great resort with a large ski area and fantastic off-piste. We like to ensure that our staff are happy, partly because happy staff makes happy guests but also because we are out in Megève for most of the season and we like to work with people who are enjoying themselves. A lot of our staff have remained our very good friends.
Who are we looking for?
- A strong team mentality and readiness to get stuck in with all other areas of resort operations
- Experience in customer service, management, housekeeping and/or winter ski seasons.
- French speaking useful
- Clean driving licence
Do apply with a CV if you are interested as soon as possible. We can accept overseas applicants, but you need to have a permanent UK National Insurance number. We look forward to hearing from you!
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary plus tips
- Travel to and from UK, medical insurance, food and good accommodation
- Ski / board and boot hire, full area (445km) ski pass and proper time off to use it!
- A chance to influence your working environment and be part of decisions that will make your job and the guest experience better
- Ski lessons for those who haven’t skied before or who want to improve
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to email@example.com including JOB REF: 1243 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV is sent to us and to the employer. We may suggest you to other employers we work with. Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number is Z2789849