A Typical Day in the Job
We are currently looking for a new manager for one of our chalet-hotels in Megève. This would be an ideal role for someone with some management and/or winter season experience looking to work closely with guests and staff members to make sure that we all have a super time working together. NB you must have an EU passport or another passport with a french working visa/permit (sadly this isn't available to UK passport holders at the moment).
Reporting directly to the Resort Manager, you would be responsible for the day-to-day running of your chalet, the management of your staff (4 or 5 employees) and your guests' overall enjoyment of their holiday. Your daily tasks would involve a mix of chalet work, guest interaction, planning and organisation as well as some admin, occasional airport transfers and anything else that pops up along the way.
We take pride in how well we take care of our staff, from the standard of our accommodation to the amount of ski time we offer compared to other companies.
• Planning your and your staff members' shifts and keeping everyone organised;
• Helping with chalet tasks such as snow clearing, housekeeping, dinner service and dishes;
• Dealing with staff issues and development with the assistance of the resort manager;
• Dealing with guests' requests or problems;
• Assisting the chef with orders and stock control;
• Completing the required admin work for your team during the season;
• Doing the occasional transfer
Stanford Skiing's Setup
- Two chalet-hotels, one chalet and apartments in Megève;
- A team of around 15, including 5 members of staff for each chalet-hotel and 2 for the chalet;
- Resort Manager, Maintenance Person and Resort Administrator in resort for the best possible support.
We ensure that your hard work is rewarded with what you’re here to enjoy: skiing. Megève is a great resort with a large ski area and fantastic off-piste. We like to ensure that our staff are happy, partly because happy staff makes happy guests but also because we are out in Megève for most of the season and we like to work with people who are enjoying themselves. A lot of our staff have remained our very good friends.