A Typical Day in the Job
At Whitegold Hospitality we understand the importance of amazing food and creating an atmosphere where stories of the day are shared at dinner and excited plans are made at breakfast. Are you a talented and enthusiastic chef who shares our same passion for food and the experience it brings? As the Black Diamond Head Chef, you will be responsible for delivering a luxurious dining experience for our catered chalets along with your commis chef. The Black Diamond resort is made up of 6 luxury chalets that sleep between 12 and 18 guests. We have a central commercial kitchen that supplies the chalets with exquisite food.
You will meet amazing people, both guests and your colleagues. With a positive forward-thinking attitude, you will find many opportunities will arise. It will be hard work but hugely rewarding. We have high expectations of our team and our team has high expectations of us. We will create a positive environment for our staff. We structure our roles into ski friendly shifts, so you can be sure you will enjoy a positive work-life balance with plenty of time to explore.
• Full control of stock management, ordering, deliveries, reporting purchases within the allocated budget and submitting weekly reports
• A simple room service menu will be provided for guests. Ensure this service works alongside usual catering service.
• Ensure successful preparation and delivery of cooked breakfast and evening meal 7 days a week
• Manage your commis chefs time and growth to create an efficient team
• Liaise with Experience Manager to ensure dietary requirements are met
• Ensure the kitchen is presented to high standards of cleanliness at all times.
• Maintain high levels of food hygiene during all preparation and service tasks, completing HACCP records as required.