Black Diamond Head Chef
with GC Kollection
|Chalet Job Catering France|
|France, Tignes les Brevieres|
World-class skiing, luxurious chalets designed by four-time World Free Ski Champion Guerlain Chicherit, experienced team that provides the highest level of service. Are you intrigued? You should be. Join the GC Kollection team this year with Whitegold Hospitality and together lets #changetherules
A Typical Day in the Job
At Whitegold Hospitality we understand the importance of amazing food and creating an atmosphere where stories of the day are shared at dinner and excited plans are made at breakfast. Are you a talented and enthusiastic chef who shares our same passion for food and the experience it brings? As the Black Diamond Head Chef, you will be responsible for delivering a luxurious dining experience for our catered chalets along with your commis chef. The Black Diamond resort is made up of 6 luxury chalets that sleep between 12 and 18 guests. We have a central commercial kitchen that supplies the chalets with exquisite food.
You will meet amazing people, both guests and your colleagues. With a positive forward-thinking attitude, you will find many opportunities will arise. It will be hard work but hugely rewarding. We have high expectations of our team and our team has high expectations of us. We will create a positive environment for our staff. We structure our roles into ski friendly shifts, so you can be sure you will enjoy a positive work-life balance with plenty of time to explore.
• Full control of stock management, ordering, deliveries, reporting purchases within the allocated budget and submitting weekly reports
• A simple room service menu will be provided for guests. Ensure this service works alongside usual catering service.
• Ensure successful preparation and delivery of cooked breakfast and evening meal 7 days a week
• Manage your commis chefs time and growth to create an efficient team
• Liaise with Experience Manager to ensure dietary requirements are met
• Ensure the kitchen is presented to high standards of cleanliness at all times.
• Maintain high levels of food hygiene during all preparation and service tasks, completing HACCP records as required.
Who are we looking for?
Skills & Experience
• Professional cheffing experience either in private dining or a restaurant with a strong understanding of fine dining
• A real passion for food and sharing it with clients
• Flexibility – able to cope well with varied and changing tasks and environments
• Excellent verbal communication - proficient in English
• Organised and well-presented with an excellent eye for detail
• EU Passport and/or the right to live and work in France
• Ideal candidates would also have relevant experience in a seasonal / private dining environment i.e. previous seasonal experience (ski/villa/yachts/private chef)
What we can offer you
• French Contract
• 5 day working week
• Optional pre-arranged seasonal accommodation (private room allocation)
• Lift pass provided
• Winter equipment hire (e.g skis and boots)
• Meals whilst on duty
• Comprehensive training programme and ongoing professional development opportunities
• Travel to and from resort within Europe (250 euros max)
• Uniform provided
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to email@example.com including JOB REF: 1329 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (GC Kollection). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849