A Typical Day in the Job
Black Diamond is a one of a kind resort that combines 6 luxury chalets. Each chalet is completely unique, ranging from Hollywood vehicles in livings room to wooden carved lizard tables from Bali. Black Diamond is looking for a manager to inspire and lead a team of hosts and housekeepers alongside our experience management team to create memories that live up to our amazing chalets.
You will meet amazing people, both guests and your colleagues. With a positive forward-thinking attitude, you will find many opportunities will arise. It will be hard work but hugely rewarding. We have high expectations of our team and our team has high expectations of us. We will create a positive environment for our staff. We structure our roles into ski friendly shifts so you can be sure you will enjoy a positive work-life balance with plenty of time to explore.
• Create a supportive and constructive culture for your team to work at optimum efficiency and performance manage them throughout the season.
• Ensure the highest level of tailored service is provided at all times for your client, attending to the clients expressed and unexpressed wishes. Liaise with the Experience Manager and relay information to chalet hosts within Black Diamond about guest requirements. Creating a luxury service where guests are made to feel special and the focal point of your attention.
• Manage and grow your team of Hosts to provide a service where you proactively provide for the guests expressed and unexpressed wishes
• Manage and record laundry services, ensuring at all times the linen is fully stocked and accounted for. Provide weekly reports
• Manage and record housekeeping inventory. Provide weekly reports of spend and stock
• Manage and record alcohol stores, ensuring the store is secure throughout the season. Coordinate restocking of chalets on change over days. Provide weekly reports
• Manage housekeeping staff, focusing on maintaining the highest respect for hygiene and pride in their work. Ensuring that housekeeping is completed within time schedules
• Chair weekly meetings for all Black Diamond staff, to discuss positives of previous week, discuss what could be improved and outline the key point for the coming week
• Assist your fellow team members to create a truly memorable ski experience for both guests and staff