Experienced Chalet Chef/ Host Couple
with Nomadic Ski
|Chalet Job Catering Couple Role France|
|France, Chamonix Mont Blanc|
Nomadic Ski is an independent business founded in Chamonix in 1998. It is owned and operated by Andrew and Alexandra Frawley.
We live in Chamonix and are here to provide personal service and local knowledge. Our love of the mountains and all Alpine sports is the reason we are in Chamonix and it shows through in our holidays.
By giving our guests the type of holiday 'we would like to go on', we have grown each year into a successful business offering first-class accommodation, cuisine and service throughout the summer and winter seasons.
The Nomadic team will always go that extra step and our in-resort concierge service is available 24-hours-a-day.
A Typical Day in the Job
You will be required to serve breakfast, afternoon-tea and a sumptuous three-course evening meal six days a week.
You will also be responsible for contributing towards the cleanliness of the chalet and weekly food budgeting and ordering. A clean driving licence is certainly a plus.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not restricted to:
• Meeting and greeting guests on arrival
• Creating a weekly menu to include breakfast, afternoon tea and a 3 course evening meal
• Creating homemade canapés
• Plating, presenting and serving food to restaurant-standard
• Carrying out a weekly stock take and food order within a given budget
• Maintaining all health, safety and hygiene regulations
• Cleaning the kitchen, and where necessary, other areas, to an exceptional standard
• Working with a chalet host to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and service
• Being responsible for the immediate reporting and resolution of all relevant maintenance problems
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate:
• Is flexible, reliable and can work autonomously
• Has experience of cooking for groups of up to 20 people
• Can plan menus taking into consideration children and guests with specific dietary requirements
• Can manage a catering budget and order accordingly
• Has a good understanding of H&S and a food hygiene qualification
• Has an friendly personality
• Is available to work from approximately the beginning of December 2019 until the end of April 2020, however we will consider applicants who can only work part of the season and also candidates who would like to work for our summer clients
• EU Passport and/or the right to live and work in France
What we can offer you
In addition to your generous weekly wage, we offer your accommodation, a lift pass, ski hire, uniform, meals, medical insurance and flights to and from the UK.
Please note, this vacancy has now been filled for the 2019/20 ski season. If you wish to be considered for a similar role for 2020/21, please submit an application using the form below. If you give us permission below, we may share your CV with our ski companies who are recruting for people with your skills or experience.
Tell us about you?
Who else is applying for this couple job?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
Attach Their CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 1372 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Nomadic Ski). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849