Area Maintenance Manager
with VIP Ski
|Driver / Maintenance Management France|
Do you have a bubbly, enthusiastic personality, a good sense of humour and are not afraid of hard work? Our staff are crucial to the success of the business so we train them comprehensively and support them throughout the season. We know there is a huge choice of ski companies to choose from and when people opt to work for us, we try our best to ensure their winter with VIP SKI is an extremely positive and happy experience. As a result we have a high percentage of returning staff and many of our new staff will have come to us through recommendations from existing or past employees.
VIP SKI offer a range of service levels including Classic, CLUB, Hotel and Platinum meaning that we have a wide variety of jobs to choose from and offer a competitive package. We welcome individuals, couples and mature applicants. Candidates need to be available for training in November and employment lasts until April/May. Due to French and Austrian employment law only EU passport holders who are resident in the UK with a permanent UK National Insurance number need apply.
A Typical Day in the Job
No day is the same for the Maintenance Manager, but the role includes:
• Managing a team of trained maintenance people
• Distributing and delegating work amongst those in the area
• Fixing any issues regarding chalet maintenance, and if unable to do so, accompanying relevant individuals who can
• Chasing any ongoing problems to ensure they are fixed
• Ensuring all log books are being completed
• Overseeing the upkeep of the maintenance store and chalet inventories
Who are we looking for?
• We favour applicants with previous experience or qualifications in carpentry, plumbing, painting and decorating and/or electrics
• Positive and gregarious attitude
• Ability to work along as well as a team
• Dedication to the role and a strong work ethic
• Smart appearance
• An eye for detail to ensure problems are spotted and rectified
• Full clean UK driving licence
• UK Bank account and UK National Insurance number