with Powder White
|Chalet Job France|
|France and Austria, Meribel, Courchevel, Val D'Isere, St Anton|
|Through till April 2020|
|£excellent + Ski Pass, Ski Hire, Accommodation & More..!|
We are the first recognised independent ski tour operator to be offering all our Chalets on a fully catered, part-catered or self-catered basis. Flexibility is one of our core values allowing our guests to choose the holiday that they want, giving them various options for additional services and assisting in arranging their travel how they want it.
Finally, we are very proud to have increasing numbers of repeat guests with continual efforts for the maximisation of guest satisfaction and loyalty.
A Typical Day in the Job
• Sharing your passion of cooking and food by providing hearty breakfasts and lovingly prepared 4 course evening meals (with canapés) on 6 nights a week.
• Undertake daily housekeeping of the entire chalet, weekly changeover and regular deep cleans.
• Shopping on a weekly basis using cash. You will be responsible for staying within an allowance figure allocated, accounting for all expenditure.
• Providing guests with the Powder White Product as marketed and sold and as trained on.
• Working within food and kitchen hygiene standards as set out in the Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene
• Faultless and courteous hosting covering all aspects of welcoming guests to include booking restaurants or helping arrange ski packs as well as seamless entertaining whilst remaining calm and professional at all times.
• Work to detailed Health & Safety Regulations and ensure that all elements of the property are in full working order.
• Attend both weekly Accounts and Operations Meetings with your Resort Manager and Assistant Resort Manager.
• Snow clearing in and around your chalet
• Selling Ski packs (ski hire & passes) as well as PW Extras by obtaining payments and details of credit/debit cards.
• Demonstrate extreme pride in undertaking the work you do for a company that wants you to succeed.
Who are we looking for?
• A great love of food and passion for cooking to a good dinner party standard with either commercial experience or having undertaken at least a 2 week cookery course. (Sadly, without this experience we’re not able to employ anyone without seeing strong prolonged, relevant, practical experience).
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in a front line customer service role
• Proven experience of working in a team environment with the ability to work on your own.
• Self motivation, ability to juggle a number of things at any time & a strong work ethic.
• Grafters! We need people who love a bit of hard work... because it really is hard work.
• Ability/confidence to account for significant sums of money working to the allowance to achieve excellent service & cuisine.
• Organisation. With all the above duties in mind it’s imperative that you are able to manage, prioritise and develop your own routine to achieve superb results and exceed your own expectations.
• An eagle eye for detail to maintain really high standards that you can be proud of.
• Naturally hugely professional, reliable and flexible
• And last, but by no means least, a great sense of humour!
All applicants must have:
• EU passport
• UK National Insurance Number
• UK bank account
• Use of a smart phone for free company communication and in order to access important information through the internet provided by Powder White. (NB. we do not require you to use personal phones for anything resulting in roaming/call charges.)
• Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum. If you do not have a certificate, we can show you where best to get one.
What we can offer you
What Powder White Gives You:
• Competitive Salary
• Monthly Food allowance
• Fantastic accommodation
• Return transport to/from London
• Comprehensive Training
• Stylish uniform
• Medical & Ski Insurance
• Equipment hire for both skiers & snowboarders
• Free tuition in the low season (resort dependent)
• Seasonal Lift Pass
• Free Internet Access & Company Laptop
• Unrivalled Support & Backup from our Overseas and UK Management Teams.
• Attractive Friends & Family Holiday Discounts
• And Finally... The opportunity to experience ski resort life, build a strong career based on knowledge received and the chance to make lifelong friendships both at PW and beyond...