Location : France, Austria, Meribel, Courchevel, Val d'Isere, St Anton
Start Date : Mid November 2019 - Mid April 2020
The Salary : £Excellent + Ski Pass, Ski Hire, Accommodation & More..!
We are the first recognised independent ski tour operator to be offering all our Chalets on a fully catered, part-catered or self-catered basis. Flexibility is one of our core values allowing our guests to choose the holiday that they want, giving them various options for additional services and assisting in arranging their travel how they want it.
Finally, we are very proud to have increasing numbers of repeat guests with continual efforts for the maximisation of guest satisfaction and loyalty.
A Typical Day in the Job
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities of a Resort Manager fall within the following lines:
Resort & Overall Operational Management
• Managing day to day operations, overseeing changeover and transfer operations.
• Ensuring the smooth operation of resort set-up and close-down in accordance with London Office requirements, coordinating property handovers and hand-backs and resort logistics surrounding this.
Guest Welfare & Product
• Quality control on all aspects of the product, including catering, cleanliness and general customer care – this duty will find you completing regular chalet visits and supervising during service times.
• General customer welfare and follow-up; responding to customer feedback in resort and acting, with the necessary sense of urgency in solving issues for your guest and dealing with issues & complaints. Providing detailed reports accordingly. Helping to deal with any concerns and complaints in a timely, efficient and professional manner
Staff Management & Welfare
• Participation in the start of season Chalet Host training and, thereafter, ongoing recruitment and training, over the course of the season.
• Ensuring continual motivation, welfare, discipline and the overall success of your team.
• Formulating weekly rotas, ensuring cover is always provided within chalets.
• Heading up weekly Team & Account meetings and attending Manifest meetings held by your Chalet Manager(s).
Suppliers, Ski Packs & Other Relationship Management
• Maintaining and developing excellent supplier and owner/agent relationships through good regular communication and use of local language.
• Overall responsibility for all Chalet and Resort accounts, working to set budgets and managing over-expenditure where relevant.
• Acting as the main signatory on, and taking responsibility for, the resort bank account and any monies held in the resort
• Implementing a resort sales strategy to achieve/exceed ski pack targets (Ski Packs, Ski Hire, Tuition) with the help of your Chalet Manager.
• Overseeing ski pack supplier relationships and weekly reconciliations
Who are we looking for?
• The ability to be able to work independently, using a forward-thinking approach and initiative to problem-solving.
• Excellent customer service experience
• An ability to stay calm and level-headed under pressure in a variety of different situations, whilst retaining a positive and professional disposition throughout.
• A strong, confident (not arrogant!) personality, whilst remaining personable, approachable and able to drive the team forward in reaching and exceeding all expectations.
• Computer literacy in all areas of Microsoft Office (including Excel) and the ability to be at ease with new IT systems.
• Excellent account and budgeting skills, and able to apply the all very important, attention to detail.
• Previous Skiing industry experience desirable but not essential.
• A good sense of humour!
What we can offer you
• Competitive Salary
• Monthly Food allowance
• Fantastic accommodation
• Return transport to/from London
• Comprehensive Training
• Stylish uniform
• Medical & Ski Insurance
• Equipment hire for both skiers & snowboarders
• Free tuition in the low season (resort dependent)
• Seasonal Lift Pass
• Free Internet Access & Company Laptop
• Unrivalled Support & Backup from our Overseas and UK Management Teams.
• Attractive Friends & Family Holiday Discounts
• And Finally... The opportunity to experience ski resort life, build a strong career based on knowledge received and the chance to make lifelong friendships both at PW and beyond.