Chef for Luxury Ski Chalet
with Nine and Tenne Chatel
|France, Chatel, Portes du Soleil|
We are looking for a hard working and enthusiastic chalet host to work in our luxury ski chalets. Working along side our talented chefs and chalet manager the chalet host will be responsible for delivering exceptional levels of service in a relaxed and informal manner.
Based in one of the World's largest ski areas the successful applicant will get to experience some of the best skiing in Europe and be part of a fun and hard working team.
A Typical Day in the Job
This is a very exciting and rewarding role as you will be given the opportunity to show off your creative talents. We also run an open kitchen policy so you will get to interact with the clients and get instant feedback.
• Provide breakfast and afternoon tea on six days a week, canapés and 4-course evening meal on 4 days a week, and two-course comfort food on two evenings in accordance with the set-menu plan.
• Ensure at all times that the chalet meets health and safety requirements - particularly within the kitchen (all requirements to be advised at start of role)
• Stock control and management of weekly budgets
• Assist if/when required with the daily cleaning of all bedrooms, bathrooms and public areas and with a full chalet change over on a weekly basis.
• Undertake any additional duties that may be asked of you to ensure the smooth running of the chalet such driving as guests to skiing or the village.
• Above all else, ensure the highest levels of customer service are achieved and maintained at all times, and ensure that our guests have a wonderful and enjoyable week in your company.
Who are we looking for?
- Chef experience and/or qualification
- Excellent customer service skills
- English speaking
- UK National Insurance number, address and bank account
- Available from mid December to mid April
What we can offer you
We pride ourselves on ensuring everyone working for Nine & Tenne has great ski season. We reward hard work, and every team member receives one weeks paid holiday during the season to ensure you get the most from your time in the Alps.
- Travel to and from UK
- Competitive salary and end of season bonus
- Chatel season ski pass
- Ski / boot / Snowboard hire
- Food and drink while on duty
- One day off a week plus 2 additional mornings off during the season
- One week PAID holiday during the season
- Opportunity for great tips
Please note, this vacancy has now been filled for the 2019/20 ski season. If you wish to be considered for a similar role for 2020/21, please submit an application using the form below. If you give us permission below, we may share your CV with our ski companies who are recruting for people with your skills or experience.
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to email@example.com including JOB REF: 179 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Nine and Tenne Chatel). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849