Chalet Chef - Luxury Chalet Collection
with Elysian Collection
Our attention to detail is what sets us above the rest. We train our staff in the highest level of private household service, our chefs are Michelin star level. We cater for, and look after, individuals who have been everywhere, stayed in the best hotels in the world and expect that kind of service as given. Flexibility is key; be ready to provide a larger dinner party with 10 courses, or chips and homemade burgers on bean bags in the cinema room. No expense is spared. We allow you the opportunity and the tools to give your guests what they want, to make their stay above their expectations.
A Typical Day in the Job
This is a very demanding but extremely rewarding role with full responsibility for the catering service in your allocated chalet. The emphasis in this is the ability to draw on your own impressive experience and creativity to design and deliver a luxury chalet catering service of the highest possible standard.
• Menu design and planning
• Placing of provisioning orders; shopping
• Building relationships with local suppliers: sourcing local ingredients
• Preparation and service of breakfast, afternoon tea, canapés and up to 8-course evening meals daily
• Catering for all client special dietary requirements such as coeliac disease, lactose-intolerance and similar
• Catering for all requests for special occasions (for example, creating birthday cakes to client preferences)
• Catering for children (including early meals when required)
• Food hygiene and general health and safety in the kitchen and dining areas
• Deep cleaning of kitchen and catering facilities
• Assisting with the management of chalet food and beverage budgets
• Assisting with the maintenance of all kitchen facilities and equipment
• Food styling for publications and publicity (in conjunction with the Management Team)
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for the following key personal qualities and attributes:
• creative flair and imagination
• understanding, appreciation and experience of world cuisines
• ability to design, devise and execute menus without assistance
• excellent time management
• good communication skills, both with guests and colleagues
• calm under pressure; “unflappable”
• positive and flexible ‘can-do’ attitude
• highly professional
• team player: able to work under supervision
• happy to share accommodation (own bedroom)
Skills and Experience Required
This role would suit an individual with the following skillset:
• recognised catering qualification or extensive experience in a luxury setting or private household
• previous hospitality or customer service experience
• previous experience in (or inspiration from) Michelin Star or 5 Star establishments
• excellent interpersonal skills
• excellent time management and organisational skills
• fluent English with conversational German (preferred), French or Italian
What we can offer you
Accommodation (own bedroom in shared apartment)
Time off for Skiing
Ski Pass & Equipment
Please note, this vacancy has now been filled for the 2019/20 ski season. If you wish to be considered for a similar role for 2020/21, please submit an application using the form below. If you give us permission below, we may share your CV with our ski companies who are recruting for people with your skills or experience.
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 299 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Elysian Collection). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849