A Typical Day in the Job
If only there were a typical day for Chalet Hosts! Daily tasks include preparing and serving breakfast and dinner six days per week, baking afternoon tea, dining with your guests, cleaning the chalet to Ski Beat's high standards, answering any guest queries, making them feel at home, clearing snow around your chalet, skiing for several hours with your friends and maybe taking an afternoon nap...
Generally speaking, your responsibilities will be:
* Being a warm and friendly host to the guests and dealing with any guest issues that may arise *
* Taking responsibility for the day to day running of your chalet *
* Complying with all procedures & standards as set out in the staff manuals *
* Supporting and liaising regularly with your manager *
- Care for guests each week with a warm and friendly manner, assisting with all their requirements and resolving any issues that may arise. Your Resort Manager is available to support you with any major guest issues that may arise.
- Provide resort information and ski area information, and assist with any queries that arise.
- Prepare and serve breakfast, and three course evening meal six days a week as per Ski Beat menu plan, and dine with guests. Also cook an equally delicious high tea for children when required.
- Provide freshly baked cakes for afternoon tea seven days a week.
- Keep all areas of the chalet clean at all times; including a daily clean of bedrooms, a weekly transfer day clean and regular in-depth cleaning
- Day to day chalet management, including budgeting, managing linen supplies, food and wine ordering, keeping pathway clear of ice and snow and basic maintenance
- Being a conscientious member of the resort team, assisting other team members as required
Please note that this overview is purely intended to give you an idea of what your work involves and is not intended to be a precise breakdown of your duties.