Chalet Hosts and Chalet Host Couples
with Ski Beat
|Chalet Job Couple Role|
|France, Val d'Isere, La Rosiere, Meribel, La Tania, La Plagne and Les Arcs|
|£100/week basic salary, £50/week bonus. Extra bonuses available for returning staff or staff with prior Chalet Host experience.|
We work hard to ensure our new recruits are a good fit for us but also that we’re a good fit for them. We hold ourselves to a very high standard in terms of customer experience, innovative thinking and business performance.
We’re looking for people who can keep up with the pace and who want... to make a difference. We’re a small team, so there’s no room for coasting along. We’re friendly, happy and, most importantly, we work hard. We’re not afraid to get our hands dirty, and we’re all extremely passionate about our brand and being the best.
A Typical Day in the Job
If only there were a typical day for Chalet Hosts! Daily tasks include preparing and serving breakfast and dinner six days per week, baking afternoon tea, dining with your guests, cleaning the chalet to Ski Beat's high standards, answering any guest queries, making them feel at home, clearing snow around your chalet, skiing for several hours with your friends and maybe taking an afternoon nap...
Generally speaking, your responsibilities will be:
* Being a warm and friendly host to the guests and dealing with any guest issues that may arise *
* Taking responsibility for the day to day running of your chalet *
* Complying with all procedures & standards as set out in the staff manuals *
* Supporting and liaising regularly with your manager *
- Care for guests each week with a warm and friendly manner, assisting with all their requirements and resolving any issues that may arise. Your Resort Manager is available to support you with any major guest issues that may arise.
- Provide resort information and ski area information, and assist with any queries that arise.
- Prepare and serve breakfast, and three course evening meal six days a week as per Ski Beat menu plan, and dine with guests. Also cook an equally delicious high tea for children when required.
- Provide freshly baked cakes for afternoon tea seven days a week.
- Keep all areas of the chalet clean at all times; including a daily clean of bedrooms, a weekly transfer day clean and regular in-depth cleaning
- Day to day chalet management, including budgeting, managing linen supplies, food and wine ordering, keeping pathway clear of ice and snow and basic maintenance
- Being a conscientious member of the resort team, assisting other team members as required
Please note that this overview is purely intended to give you an idea of what your work involves and is not intended to be a precise breakdown of your duties.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals with the following skills:
- A friendly and helpful manner, and a willingness to go that extra mile.
- A desire to put guests' needs first and ensure they have a fantastic holiday.
- An ability to demonstrate menu planning.
- A flair and a passion for cooking.
- The capacity to work well under pressure.
- Patience and a sense of humour.
- A love of skiing or snowboarding and all things Alpine, or at least a strong desire to learn.
- An ability to work on own initiative and be a good team player.
- A neat and well-groomed appearance at all times.
- An eye for detail.
- First rate timekeeping.
- An ability to work to a budget.
- A practical and hands on approach.
- Enthusiasm and dedication.
- Your own laptop.
- An EU passport and a permanent UK National Insurance Number / Irish PPS Number.
- A cooking diploma or ability to cook appetising meals for between 6 and 18 people
- Previous experience within the hospitality industry would be preferable
What we can offer you
Competitive base salary plus holiday pay (paid monthly into your UK or Irish bank account):
Basic Salary £100 per week
End of Season Bonus up to £50 per week
Loyalty Bonus for returning staff £100 per week plus additional £10 per week for 3rd or subsequent seasons (uncapped)
Experience Bonus £50 per week for qualifying candidates joining from other ski companies
- Good quality accommodation in your resort and meals.
- Ski hire, full-area season lift passes and lots of opportunity to hit the slopes.
- Discounted ski holidays for your family and friends.
- High quality uniform
- Comprehensive winter sports and laptop insurance.
- Transport from home to and from the French Alps (anywhere in Europe)
- Two weeks pre-season training plus exceptional ongoing support from our Resort Managers and our local French team.
- The freedom to apply your skills and experience with a high level of autonomy.
- Opportunity to grow your career within Ski Beat and the Topflight Travel Group in France, UK, Italy and Ireland.
- Ski Beat pay for all staff to complete a Level 2 Food Hygiene for Catering course (valid for 2 years after completion).