Location : France, La Plagne
Start Date : December 2018 to April 2019
The Salary : Competitive
We are in the top 2 in Les Coches and Montchavin on tripadvisor. We were nominated as UK Best Chalet Company in the 2014 World Snow Awards; we were voted one of the Best 50 Alpine chalets in the Daily Telegraph. We consistently get 5* reviews on tripadvisor and our feedback forms.
We have a high number of happy, returning guests who love our chalets and what we do.
As a small family-run company with 5 lovely chalets in La Plagne, we really look after our staff - so you won't just be a number in a large organisation. It's really important to us that our staff feel proud of the company they are working for, and want to be part of our team. We also want our staff to get enough skiing time, love Montchavin La Plagne and have a great season with us.
A Typical Day in the Job
Your duties include:
• Creating a weekly menu to include breakfast, afternoon tea, and a 4-course evening meal 6 days a week (including cheese course)
• Preparing, cooking and presenting breakfast and dinner to a very high standard
• Canapés or amuse-bouche at least twice a week
• Offering warm hospitality and looking after guests during their stay
• Responsibility for maintaining high standards of cleanliness in the chalet kitchen
• Maintaining and observing all hygiene, health and safety standards
Non-cooking duties to be shared with the chalet host
• Clearing snow and ice from around the chalet
• Weekly cleaning of chalet on change-over day, preparing for the arrival of new guests
• Cleaning and maintaining the hot tub
• Preparing kindling and laying and lighting fires most evenings
• Occasional driving of guests in company courtesy minibus to and from ski lifts
• Help with daily cleaning as required
• Ad-hoc other duties as required
Who are we looking for?
The chef must be passionate about food and beautiful presentation, professionally trained with restaurant experience, preferably with fine dining knowledge, and happy to design his or her own menu within a budget. With a maximum of 10 to cook for, the chef will have time to add some creative garnishes and plate up beautifully. Although we offer a high level of dining, we don’t ask our chefs to spend all day in the kitchen, preparing 7-course tasting menus – and therefore, this position is highly sought-after as you will get plenty of time to ski.
You will require restaurant cheffing experience, or hold a cooking diploma, as well as holding all relevant UK health and safety certificates
You will have an outgoing personality, be able to interact with guests of all ages and nationalities, be friendly, happy and smiling.
You will also be conscientious and be able to work on your own initiative.
You will need a passport, a UK National Insurance Number, and a UK bank account. And ideally you will hold a clean, valid drivers’ licence and be over the age of 25 (for car insurance purposes).
What we can offer you
We offer a very strong package for the right staff:
• Unlike many cheffing roles in restaurants, you get a lot of ski time (5 days out of 7)
• Weekly wage (paid monthly to a UK bank account)
• Additional end of season £500 performance related bonus (pro rata-ed for time in role – so £300 for mid-season start)
• 5% commission on any staff-generated bookings (can be worth £1,000s!)
• Access to customer tips – can be up to €300 per week per chalet
• Operation of chalet honesty bar – profits for staff, up to €100 per week per chalet
• A bedroom in a shared 2-bedroom apartment with the chalet host
• Travel to and from a UK airport to the resort
• All relevant pre-season training
• Occasional access to company vehicles for private use
• Full Paradiski (Les Arcs and La Plagne) season lift pass
• Specialist ski insurance
• All meals, taken at the chalet
• One day off per week
• Ski hire equipment, if required
• Subsidised ski lessons (in low season)
• Access to free wifi, TV, Xbox360/Wii
• The chance to experience a great, French ski resort and live in the mountains for a few months!
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to email@example.com including JOB REF: 590 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV is sent to us and to the employer. We may suggest you to other employers we work with. Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number is Z2789849