Location : France, Morzine
Start Date : Late November 2018 to the end of April 2019
The Salary : 170 per week
All of our chalets are very highly ranked on Trip Advisor
We have won the 'Best food in Morzine' award for 3 years in a row
We know that Happy Staff = Happy Guests so we do everything we can to create a fun and rewarding environment for our whole team
A Typical Day in the Job
The job involves managing each guest’s experience from the moment they walk through the door of the chalet to the moment they leave at the end of the week. We provide the necessary training and support to enable this but expect our hosts to deliver every element of the holiday to the very highest of standards.
In addition to taking exceptional care of the guests, hosts also need to take exceptional care of the chalets by ensuring they are clean, in a good state of repair, well stocked and running efficiently. We provide all of the training and provide processes in order to achieve this but the day to day responsibility lies with the hosts.
The role of chalet host is a varied and challenging one; it requires maturity, stamina and attention to detail in order to excel.
Tasks & responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
• Setting the chalets up at the start of the season
• Hosting guests
• Working together as a team
• Driving guests to and from slopes and around resort
• Preparing & serving breakfast
• Preparing & serving afternoon tea
• Preparing & serving dinner (the majority of the preparation of the evening meal will already have been done in advance in the prep kitchen by our team of professional chefs).
• Washing up
• Cleaning & room servicing
• Miscellaneous things including, shopping, laundry, maintenance etc.
• Cleaning down the chalets at the end of the season
Who are we looking for?
Skills & experience
• A positive attitude and willingness to work hard
• Minimum age of 21 (as specified by our vehicle insurer)
• At least one person in the couple needs to be a compotent cook
• A full manual driving license that allows you to drive in Europe.
• The right to work in France.
• An interest in skiing/snowboarding or love for the mountains.
• Hospitality experience
• An appreciation of food & wine
• Team management or project management experience
We are looking for couples or good friends as the accommodation is twin & double rooms only.
What we can offer you
• €170 per week salary
• Full Portes du Soleil season pass (worth c.€850)
• Good standard of accomodation (ensuite bedroom)
• Thursdays off (There is no flexibility on days)
• Use of a company mobile (one each)
• All food provided while working
• Use of a company vehicle when not needed by guests
• Carte Neige emergency accident insurance (you will require your own travel insurance with winter sports cover)
• We will pay for flights from/to UK/Europe & airport transfers (to/from GVA airport)
• AliKats uniform
Please note, this vacancy has now been filled for the 2018/19 ski season. If you wish to be considered for a similar role for 2019/20, please submit an application using the form below. If you give us permission below, we may share your CV with our ski companies who are recruting for people with your skills or experience.
+442035146012 | email@example.com
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 688 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV is sent to us and to the employer. We may suggest you to other employers we work with. Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number is Z2789849