Location : Austria & France, St Anton, Meribel, Courchevel, Val d'Isere
Start Date : November 2018 - April 2019 (exact dates TBC)
The Salary : £Competitive Salary, accommodation, ski pass, ski hire etc
We are the first recognised independent ski tour operator to be offering all our Chalets on a fully catered, part-catered or self-catered basis. Flexibility is one of our core values allowing our guests to choose the holiday that they want, giving them various options for additional services and assisting in arranging their travel how they want it.
Finally, we are very proud to have increasing numbers of repeat guests with continual efforts for the maximisation of guest satisfaction and loyalty.
A Typical Day in the Job
The specific duties are too numerous to mention, however, the main responsibilities fall within the following lines:
• Regular visits to properties both during and outside service times to ensure standards are being maintained and the Product is being provided as promised.
• Managing and Supporting Hosts in Chalets who require further training in any of the Hosting aspects from cooking and housekeeping to building strong relationships with guests.
• Actively assisting with changeover resort operations from getting the chalets ready to coordinating resort logistics.
• Acting as a Chalet Host, as necessary, covering for staff injury or illness.
• Studying guest feedback weekly and determining, with your Resort Manager, where further guidance, support and training is necessary.
• Visiting PW Chalets regularly, responding to guest queries and guest feedback and resolving issues for guests, with the support of your Resort Manager.
• General customer welfare and follow-up, liaising with guests, responding to feedback and queries
• Helping to deal with any concerns and complaints in a timely, efficient and professional manner
• Assisting and advising hosts with chalet budgeting & shopping and working with your Resort Manager to ensure fellow Chalet Hosts are working within allowance.
• Taking responsibility for all Chalet accounts (with the help of your Resort Manager), ensuring control of expenditure as set out by your Overseas Management team.
• Monitor, manage and advise on stock management practices, ensuring efficiency and minimisation of wastage; food, wine, laundry items etc.. Assisting the Chalet teams with placing weekly food and other orders and receiving deliveries.
• Working as part of the rota in providing morning/afternoon in-resort shuttles for certain chalets across your resort (if applicable). Undertaking other driving duties as necessary.
• Active involvement in the intensive pre season training of your resort staff, as well as continual mentoring and training over the course of the season.
Who are we looking for?
• Significant previous experience as a Chalet Host (or similar role) is highly desirable, with a passion for cooking and exceptional customer service.
• Proven track record of working in, and/or leading, a team environment coupled with the ability to work to your own initiative.
• Front line customer service experience with the ability to logically deal with escalating issues in a calm and confident manner.
• Organisation and a desire to manage, prioritise and develop your own routine to achieve superb results and exceed your own expectations.
• Computer literacy particularly in Excel (for accounting purposes), email & web research.
• French or German language skills highly desirable
• Grafters! We need people who love a bit of hard work... and who want to willingly work hard for those around them.
All applicants must have:
• EU passport with UK National Insurance Number
• UK bank account
• A clean driver's license (for insurance reasons, all applicants will need to be over the age of 23)
• Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene as a minimum (provided if not already obtained)
The above will help you prepare for your interview with Powder White. In the mean time, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of the recruitment on 020 8877 8881 or at email@example.com.
Good luck and see you soon.
What we can offer you
• Competitive Salary
• Monthly Food allowance
• Fantastic accommodation
• Return transport to/from London
• Comprehensive Training
• Stylish uniform
• Medical & Ski Insurance
• Equipment hire for both skiers & snowboarders
• Free tuition in the low season (resort dependent)
• Seasonal Lift Pass
• Free Internet Access & Company Laptop
• Unrivaled Support & Backup from our Overseas and UK Management Teams.
• Attractive Friends & Family Holiday Discounts
• And Finally... The opportunity to experience ski resort life, build a strong career based on knowledge received and the chance to make lifelong friendships both at PW and beyond.
Please note, this vacancy has now been filled for the 2018/19 ski season. If you wish to be considered for a similar role for 2019/20, please submit an application using the form below. If you give us permission below, we may share your CV with our ski companies who are recruting for people with your skills or experience.
02088778881 | firstname.lastname@example.org