Location : France, Three Valleys and Paradiski
Start Date : 19/11/2018
The Salary : Competitive
Ski Amis is an award winning family run business which has been operating in the French Alps since 1989. We have grown a lot during this time, which means each year our team of staff gets a little bigger but we still try to maintain the family feeling and to do our best to make sure everyone has a great time during their season with us. We now have 20 catered chalets in La Plagne, Les Arcs, La Tania and Les Menuires, a team of about 50 people in resort and an office team of 9 people in the winter based in Maidstone, Kent in the UK.
A Typical Day in the Job
The job description for this couple is very flexible as their purpose is to provide support across the company wherever it is needed. The purpose of the role is to provide a buffer for the chalets - however, when all is well across the chalets, the support is then provided to the central management to assist wherever needed. This will mean that working hours and location will vary, depending on the task necessary at the time.
The chalet hosting part of the role will involve preparing and serving meals to the guests - essentially hosting a dinner party every night with a three or four course meal including wine. You will also be responsible for daily cleaning of the chalet - making beds, cleaning rooms and the general living areas, and the weekly turnaround of the chalet in between guests. All roles will also mean completing basic chalet administration tasks which include a weekly stock take and managing the mini bar, as well as maintaining the hot tubs and saunas (where appropriate) and general basic household maintenance tasks.
In normal “stand-by” circumstances, you will be based in Aime, close to the resort warehouse and office facility – accommodation is provided. When not required to work in a chalet support role, the “stand-by mode” job description as detailed below will apply. During periods of “stand-by” your roles will include:
• Day off cover
• General maintenance and repair of chalets and vehicles which could include basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical tasks, general repairs or vehicle repairs
• Delivery and collection of stock
• Other general tasks as may be required such as snow clearing, shopping and sourcing supplies or assisting in the warehouse
• Transfer driving
• Any other task which may reasonably be requested – this couple will have a flexible role and be expected to cover any gaps in resourcing anywhere in the company
• During the pre-season period, preparation of chalets for the season and stocking the warehouse and chalets to support the Operations Manager
• During the close-down period, year-end inventory counting and chalet close down procedures
This is a key seasonal role in the business which enables us to provide continuity of client service in any circumstances.
Who are we looking for?
• Excellent social skills to deal with guests and staff at all levels
• You must love cooking and know your way around a kitchen with great cooking skills – full training, menus and recipes will be provided
• Both people must be confident drivers, preferably with some experience of winter driving or driving larger vehicles
• Established and flexible couples able to live and work together and able to turn their hand to different tasks as required
• Good maintenance/DIY skills required and some French language skills would be preferable – applies to person #2 only
For the driver roles, we are ideally looking for staff with previous experience of driving in a professional capacity - this could be minibuses with passengers or equally delivery vans or other roles which involve driving larger vehicles in connection with your job. We would need your previous employer to provide a letter confirming your specific driving experience. Other acceptable qualifications in place of experience would be a driver CPC as a result of driving coaches or trucks, a taxi licence or a RoSPA Advanced Driving Certificate.
All applicants MUST be over 21 years of age (for insurance purposes), have held a full EU driving licence for more than two years and be resident and working in the UK with an existing permanent NI number and tax record. You must be available for a face-to-face interview at our head office in Maidstone, Kent.
What we can offer you
• Competitive basic salary paid in the UK
• All expenses paid food and accommodation
• Travel to and from resort at the start and end of the season from a London airport
• Fully paid training
• A benefits package for seasonal staff ski pass, equipment rental and medical insurance
• Work uniform
• One full day and two half days off per week
• End of season bonus scheme
• Holiday accrued as per French rules