Location : France / Austria, France / Austria
Start Date : Winter Season, November-April
The Salary : Upon Application
We realise that our resort staff have been instrumental in the continued success of the company and we hand pick our staff not only for their experience but more importantly for their enthusiasm and outgoing and friendly nature to run our resorts and chalets. Subsequently we want our staff to be the best in order for us to continue to provide that ‘little bit extra’. If you feel you have what it takes and want to be part of a company that is committed to excellence then we are the company for you.
A Typical Day in the Job
A Resort Representative is the first point of contact for our customers when they arrive on their holiday, so first impressions are key! You will be at the airport to ensure that the transition to resort is smooth, providing them with a wealth of information and knowledge on the way. In resort you will be available to answer any question they may have, and take the stress out of organizing the extras – lift passes, tuition, equipment hire etc. Either as part of a Resort Rep team or as the sole Rep in resort you will run a program of activities suitable to your guests and the resort throughout the week. You will excel in and be passionate about delivering outstanding customer service with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
o Be central point of contact & knowledge in resort
o Transfers to/from airport
o Represent the company in a professional, well presented manner at all times in
compliance with the company uniform policy
o Conduct morning and evening property visits as well as ad hoc visits where required
o Organise, promote and conduct welcome meetings
o Ensure that all customer complaints are resolved to in a timely and efficient manner
o Organising the purchase and distribution of lift passes, ski hire and ski lessons
o Providing a Welcome speech so the customers are informed of all resort information and products that Alpine Elements have on offer
o Developing and distributing resort information. Ensuring Chalet and Hotel notice boards are up to date and hold appropriate and relevant information
o Keeping accurate accounts of your in resort sales which are communicated with the French Head Office on a weekly basis
o Safe & secure handling of company monies
o Complaint handling & problem solving
o Making sales of ski extras - lift passes, ski hire and ski lessons
o Running a well organised and well-advertised program of activities suitable for your
resort and guests to enhance the customer’s holiday experience
o Internal: Customers, Senior Resort Representative, Area Manager, Chalet Manager, Hotel manager, general staff
o External: Suppliers, local authorities, property owners
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Who are we looking for?
- Prior experience in events organisation and hosting; you will be organising and delivering superior après ski events for our guests every evening so customer service experience is also essential.
- In addition, you will be responsible for organising all elements of our guests’ holiday such as ski lessons, lift passes and equipment hire so solid admin and cash handling experience along with a proven track record of meeting sales targets is vital.
- You will need to deal with any issues that arise during our guests’ stay and communicate with guests efficiently to resolve their problems as quickly as possible so experience of complaint handling is desirable along with a passion for snowsports and the Alpine environment!
- A full clean UK driving license
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We
place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we
provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
o Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
o Motivated/Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
o Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
o Ability to cope under pressure (E)
o Willingness to work hard / long hours (E)
o Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
o Honest and Trustworthy (E)
o Professional and Reliable (E)
Alpine Elements LTD 2016
Skills & Ability
o Customer Service (E)
o Communication Skills (E)
o Problem Solving & Complaint Handling (E)
o Sales Experience (E)
o Planning / Organisational (E)
o Literate/Numerate (E)
o Spoken English to Conversational Level (E)
o IT, Admin & Social Media (E)
o Conversational French (HD)
What we can offer you
We realise that our resort staff have been instrumental in the continued success of the company and we hand pick our staff not only for their experience but more importantly for their enthusiasm and outgoing and friendly nature to run our resorts and chalets. Subsequently we want our staff to be the best in order for us to continue to provide that ‘little bit extra’. If you feel you have what it takes and want to be part of a company that is committed to excellence then we are the company for you. At Alpine Elements we realise that hard work and commitment should be rewarded, so we will provide our seasonal staff with:
· A competitive salary,
· Transport to and from resort – from a London departure point
· Accommodation, including utilities
· Branded uniform
· Ski equipment – either skis poles and boots or Snowboard & boots
· Emergency Medical Insurance
· Staff Concessions on Alpine Elements brands holidays for up to 13 months after you have completed your season
· Friends & Family discount whilst you are working your season
· Discounts on a range of sporting equipment provided by our suppliers i.e. Tushingham – Windsurf and Sailing equipment, Sun God – Customer sunglasses, Specialised - Mountain Bikes, Mystic – Sailing, Yachting, Windsurfing apparel and equipment, Snow Shop – complete range of ski equipment and clothing from skis & snowboards to ski & casual clothing.
· Low Commitment Bond