A Typical Day in the Job
Hours are 08.30 to 5.00pm (5 days per week) for the Nanny role. You will work 6 days per week during various weeks in the season and will then receive additional days off on quieter weeks.
You are required to visit chalets on Saturday evenings to introduce yourself to parents and children. There is also babysitting one evening per week from 7.45pm.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of the crèche taking complete charge of the children whilst their parents are skiing.
We do not have children booked in to the creche every week of the season and during these weeks your duties would be that of Chalet Host (one day off per week pro rata).
• Meet the parents and all children on Saturday evenings to distribute information sheets outlining the crèche operation.
• Ensure guests are provided with emergency information and that they complete required crèche registration paperwork before the children are admitted on Sunday morning. This may include obtaining signed parental consent for administration of any drugs to children whilst they are in childcare.
• Ensure all children and babies are suitably dressed, keeping the children warm and hygienically clean (nappies/ toilet).
• Ensure that children have a safe area to play and that any necessary safety precautions are in place. Fully supervise indoor and outdoor games.
• Collect and drop off children from ski school or any other activities.
• Answer any questions or resolve any problems that children or parents may have, aiming to do whatever is reasonably possible to ensure the best possible holiday.
• Promptly refer any guest issues or complaints to Skivolution management.
• Implement the weekly activity schedule and update each week depending on age of children and weather conditions.
• Prepare and serve a hot lunch daily, a mid morning and afternoon snack.
• Organise birthday parties and cakes for children.
• Report briefly to parents at the end of the day concerning their child’s activities, accidents, sleeping patterns etc and presenting them with paintings of craft work.
Health and Safety:
• Carry out safety checks on cots, highchairs and any other equipment used in the course of crèche work.
• Maintain equipment and ensure that toys are kept clean and in good working order.
• Complete accident book when required, keeping records of any minor or major injures that occur.
• Ensure that excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in and around the crèche chalet at all times, including at the end of the season.
• Clean and tidy the crèche daily, washing linen and tea towels.
• Prepare a weekly shopping list.
• Maintain good records with respect to anything untoward that may have occurred during the week, eg; bumps and bruises, discipline as a result of anti-social behaviour, parents comments etc.
• Pre and post season preparation of crèche inventory and to maintain and update this with any household equipment lost or broken during the season.
• Re-order or otherwise make purchase of consumables, on a weekly basis.
• Attend weekly staff meeting to receive advance information on numbers and ages of children arriving in the following week.