|Child Care France|
|France, Courchevel, Les Trois Vallees|
skivo2 is a family run and operated ski chalet business and has been in existence since 1987. We are based in Courchevel Le Praz and operate 7 chalets all of which are based centrally in the village.
Here at skivo2 we offer our guests an inclusive ski instruction programme as part of our chalet holiday package which is unique in the industry. We also offer our guests top quality service and fabulous food and wines.
Our aim is to ensure our guests have their best skiing holiday ever with the very best British ski coaching in the best ski area in Europe. We have a 95% return guest rate here at skivo2 and many of our staff return year after year too.
A Typical Day in the Job
Hours are 08.30 to 5.00pm (5 days per week) for the Nanny role. You will work 6 days per week during various weeks in the season and will then receive additional days off on quieter weeks.
You are required to visit chalets on Saturday evenings to introduce yourself to parents and children. There is also babysitting one evening per week from 7.45pm.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of the crèche taking complete charge of the children whilst their parents are skiing.
We do not have children booked in to the creche every week of the season and during these weeks your duties would be that of Chalet Host (one day off per week pro rata).
• Meet the parents and all children on Saturday evenings to distribute information sheets outlining the crèche operation.
• Ensure guests are provided with emergency information and that they complete required crèche registration paperwork before the children are admitted on Sunday morning. This may include obtaining signed parental consent for administration of any drugs to children whilst they are in childcare.
• Ensure all children and babies are suitably dressed, keeping the children warm and hygienically clean (nappies/ toilet).
• Ensure that children have a safe area to play and that any necessary safety precautions are in place. Fully supervise indoor and outdoor games.
• Collect and drop off children from ski school or any other activities.
• Answer any questions or resolve any problems that children or parents may have, aiming to do whatever is reasonably possible to ensure the best possible holiday.
• Promptly refer any guest issues or complaints to Skivolution management.
• Implement the weekly activity schedule and update each week depending on age of children and weather conditions.
• Prepare and serve a hot lunch daily, a mid morning and afternoon snack.
• Organise birthday parties and cakes for children.
• Report briefly to parents at the end of the day concerning their child’s activities, accidents, sleeping patterns etc and presenting them with paintings of craft work.
Health and Safety:
• Carry out safety checks on cots, highchairs and any other equipment used in the course of crèche work.
• Maintain equipment and ensure that toys are kept clean and in good working order.
• Complete accident book when required, keeping records of any minor or major injures that occur.
• Ensure that excellent standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained in and around the crèche chalet at all times, including at the end of the season.
• Clean and tidy the crèche daily, washing linen and tea towels.
• Prepare a weekly shopping list.
• Maintain good records with respect to anything untoward that may have occurred during the week, eg; bumps and bruises, discipline as a result of anti-social behaviour, parents comments etc.
• Pre and post season preparation of crèche inventory and to maintain and update this with any household equipment lost or broken during the season.
• Re-order or otherwise make purchase of consumables, on a weekly basis.
• Attend weekly staff meeting to receive advance information on numbers and ages of children arriving in the following week.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will be a team player who leads by example and isn’t afraid to “role up their sleeves and muck in”. Great childcare and interpersonal skills are paramount as is a fun loving but organised approach to work.
• Relevant professional nannying experience or recognised UK childcare qualification
• Knowledge and track record of working with children 6 months to 8 years
• Minimum of 6 months experience in childcare
• Patience and a sense of humour
• Excellent communication skills
Applicants must hold an EU passport, have a UK National Insurance number and UK bank account.
All candidates should be mature and able to prove relevant experience and qualifications.
What we can offer you
We offer excellent remuneration and work conditions to suitable applicants:
Highly competitive salary
Accommodation in shared room and all meals
Skis and boots for the season (if needed)
Opportunity to join our guest ski lessons
Courchevel season ski pass (with the opportunity to upgrade to a 3 Vallees season ski pass)
Carte Neige ski insurance
Return travel from London to Courchevel at the beginning and end of the season
Two day's off each week (when working as a Nanny) / one full day off each week when working as a Host
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to email@example.com including JOB REF: 781 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Skivo2). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849