Premium Chalet Host
with Alpine Elements
|Chalet Job France Austria|
|Winter Season, November-April|
We realise that our resort staff have been instrumental in the continued success of the company and we hand pick our staff not only for their experience but more importantly for their enthusiasm and outgoing and friendly nature to run our resorts and chalets. Subsequently we want our staff to be the best in order for us to continue to provide that ‘little bit extra’. If you feel you have what it takes and want to be part of a company that is committed to excellence then we are the company for you.
A Typical Day in the Job
As a Premium Chalet Host you will represent the company and be directly responsible for ensuring all of your chalet customer’s holiday expectations are exceeded. You will be responsible for hygiene, cleaning, cooking, stock-control and budgeting and hosting - you'll keep things running smoothly and efficiently at all times. Creating a welcoming atmosphere for your guests, you will be servicing rooms and communal areas daily. Providing breakfast, high quality 4 or 5 course evening meals, homemade cakes and biscuits for afternoon tea and a continental breakfast with hot option. All our chalet hosts are recruited ready to be in sole charge of one of our luxury premium chalets. Either way, you’ll need to be friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic ready to share your passion for good food and deliver excellent customer service.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
· To ensure Alpine Elements Chalet guests expectations are exceeded at all opportunities
· Service rooms, bathrooms and communal areas daily.
· Clear snow from paths and footways, windows and escape routes
· Deep clean all chalet areas on transfer days
· Conduct weekly chalet welcome meetings
· Ensure that the appropriate clean uniform is worn at all times.
· Prepare to our high standard; breakfast including hot option, Cakes for Afternoon Tea and a set menu three / four course evening meal
· Sell and Prepare to Order customer Packed Lunches
· Assist guests with luggage to rooms, escorting to and from local ski hire shops.
· Ensuring you achieve set targets for guest satisfaction scores for “First Impressions”, cleanliness, food and comfort.
o Internal: Resort Chalet Manager, Chalet Hosts, Chalet Chefs
o External: Suppliers, Property Owners.
Who are we looking for?
Person Specification (assessed via application, assessment centre or interview as appropriate):
Each of the criteria below is rated as Essential (E), Highly Desirable (HD) or Desirable (D). We place considerable emphasis on your Personal Qualities as the training and support we provide can often strengthen any weaknesses that exist in other areas.
o Strong social/People skills/Cheerful/Outgoing (E)
o Highly Motivated
o Passionate / Enthusiastic (E)
o Ability to work alone and as part of a team (E)
o Ability to cope under pressure (E)
o Willingness to work hard / long hours (E)
o Adaptable / Flexible Attitude (E)
o Honest and Trustworthy (E)
Skills & Ability
o Customer Service (E)
o Communication Skills (E)
o Problem Solving and Complaint Handling (E)
o Sales experience (HD)
o Planning Organisational Skills (E)
o Literate and Numerate (E)
o IT / Admin / Social Media (E)
o Conversational French / German (D)
o Chalet Cookery Course (HD)
o Food Hygiene Certification (HD)
o Relevant Transferable work Experience (E)
o Secure Cash Handling (HD)
o Catering for up to 12 Customers (E)
o Catering to 4* a Set Menu (E)
What we can offer you
We realise that our resort staff have been instrumental in the continued success of the company and we hand pick our staff not only for their experience but more importantly for their enthusiasm and outgoing and friendly nature to run our resorts and chalets. Subsequently we want our staff to be the best in order for us to continue to provide that ‘little bit extra’. If you feel you have what it takes and want to be part of a company that is committed to excellence then we are the company for you. At Alpine Elements we realise that hard work and commitment should be rewarded, so we will provide our seasonal staff with:
· A competitive salary,
· Transport to and from resort – from a London departure point
· Accommodation, including utilities
· Branded uniform
· Ski equipment – either skis poles and boots or Snowboard & boots
· Emergency Medical Insurance
· Staff Concessions on Alpine Elements brands holidays for up to 13 months after you have completed your season
· Friends & Family discount whilst you are working your season
· Discounts on a range of sporting equipment provided by our suppliers i.e. Tushingham – Windsurf and Sailing equipment, Sun God – Customer sunglasses, Specialised - Mountain Bikes, Mystic – Sailing, Yachting, Windsurfing apparel and equipment, Snow Shop – complete range of ski equipment and clothing from skis & snowboards to ski & casual clothing.
· Low Commitment Bond