Location : France, Tignes & Val D'Isere
Start Date : 11 January 2020
Our high quality courses ensure that you spend every day of your season doing what you love – skiing or snowboarding! From 3 week short courses to season-long 18 week courses and internships, we can help you find a course to suit your needs – and budget. We can create bespoke programmes, so call us and we can create a course to meet your needs.
A Typical Day on this Course
Training and exams take place Monday - Friday, and on a typical weekday you will wake up early and enjoy a continental breakfast. You will then take a short walk to the ski school meeting area and start lessons, over the course of the training programme you will experience most terrain and pistes the resort has to offer - and training will include video analysis and shadowing real ski school lessons. Lunch can be enjoyed on the mountain, if desired, followed by an afternoon of lessons. An evening meal is provided and the evenings are then yours to enjoy at your leisure, Tignes is a lively resort with plenty to offer on an evening.
Over 10 weeks you will receive over 270 hours of training and coaching time:
- 3 weeks BASI Level 1 training
- BASI Level 1 course exam
- Ski school shadowing week
- 4 weeks BASI Level 2 training
- 2 week BASI Level 2 course exam
- All training with experienced BASI Level 4 ISTD ski instructors
- 70 hours’ ski lesson shadowing/teaching*
- First aid training course & certification
- BASI membership and licence
- Espace Killy Lift Pass
- Breakfast & evening meals 5 days per week
- Shared accommodation in a central location
- Race Coaching
- Freestyle Coaching
- Pre-Departure Snow Ready Fitness Plan
Tignes is frequently listed in 'Top Ten' lists for the best ski resorts. A hub of activity both on and off the mountain, and with over 300km of piste (plus the greatest off-piste skiing in Europe) - it is easily the best place to spend a season getting a ski instructor qualification.
Who are we looking for?
Course participants be able to ski competently down European blue runs.
What we can offer you
Included in the training course is:
- Meals – breakfast & evening meal, 5 days a week
- Season lift pass for the full Espace Killy ski area
- Resort discounts in bars and shops
- VIP ski memberships with Rossignol – up to 40% discount
- Pre-departure Snow Ready fitness programme
- 10 weeks of exception training from BASI ISTD Level 4 instructors
- BASI Membership
- BASI Level 1 Exam
- BASI Level 2 Exam