Location : France, La Plagne
Start Date : End Nov 2019 - end April 2020
The Salary : Very competitive salary; holiday pay; 2 days off a week; end of season bonus; full ski pack
We are in the top 2 in Les Coches and Montchavin on tripadvisor. We were nominated as UK Best Chalet Company in the 2014 World Snow Awards; we were voted one of the Best 50 Alpine chalets in the Daily Telegraph. We consistently get 5* reviews on tripadvisor and our feedback forms.
We have a high number of happy, returning guests who love our chalets and what we do.
As a small family-run company with 5 lovely chalets in La Plagne, we really look after our staff - so you won't just be a number in a large organisation. It's really important to us that our staff feel proud of the company they are working for, and want to be part of our team. We also want our staff to get enough skiing time, love Montchavin La Plagne and have a great season with us.
A Typical Day in the Job
• Twice daily driving of guests to and from chalet to ski lifts (AM and PM)
• Weekly airport transfers, often involving long drives (4hours+ each way)
• Weekly trips with staff to do chalet shopping
• Ad-hoc requirements needing use of a car (eg trips to town to pick up essentials, hospital trips for injured guests etc)
• Maintenance and odd-jobs required at 5 chalets and staff apartments – from blown fuses to broken door handles to dripping taps
• Daily hot tub maintenance and management
• Stacking wood and preparing kindling
• Snow clearance at chalets as and when required (NB this is also undertaken by the chalet staff, but you will be expected to “muck in” whenever needed)
• General maintenance of Alpine365 vehicles, including weekly cleaning of the Alpine365 minibus (which will be “your” vehicle during the period of employment)
• Liaising/organising/advising with local garages for any vehicle repairs/parts replacements etc
• Helping out chalet staff on changeover days if required
• Twice-weekly “laundry” run
• Ad-hoc jobs as required by Alpine365 – eg helping out with lift passes, ski lesson arrangements etc if needed
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced, professional and friendly driver to take guests to and from the slopes or ski school in the mornings and afternoons, in our 8-seater minibus, and to provide transfers to and from airports. Other duties include driving staff to do their weekly shop, weekly laundry drop off, and valeting the minibus.
In addition, you will also be our resort “maintenance person,” and this will cover a wide variety of roles - general chalet maintenance, snow clearance, hot tub management and filling in for staff as required. So it could be as simple as running in to town to pick up some light bulbs, or fix a dripping tap, or put up a curtain rail that one of our guest’s kids has pulled down.
You will also be expected to have a strong working knowledge of vehicles, and will be expected to undertake general maintenance (eg topping up fluids etc) – you are not expected to be a mechanic, but an ability to extend your role to broader vehicle jobs (eg changing brake pads etc) will be looked upon favourably.
As you will have daily contact with the guests, you will have an outgoing personality, be able to interact with guests of all ages and nationalities, be professional, friendly, happy and smiling. You need to be extremely competent behind the wheel, as driving in the snowy mountains requires experience and a clear head. You will have a clean EU drivers’ licence that you have held for at least 8 years, and it is likely that you have owned you own car throughout most of the time you have held a licence. You must also be over the age of 25 years, and ideally over 30, for insurance purposes. You will also need an EU passport (or right to work), have a UK National Insurance Number, and a UK bank account.
Because you will spend a lot of time out and about in the car interacting locally, an ability to speak French will be a real advantage to any applicant.
What we can offer you
We offer a very strong package for the right staff:
• Competitive weekly wage into a UK bank account
• Holiday pay
• 2 days off a week (one full day and 2 half days)
• Additional performance related bonus at end of season
• 5% commission on any staff-generated bookings (can be worth £1,000s!)
• Separate accommodation
• Travel to and from the UK/Europe to the resort
• All relevant pre-season training
• Full Paradiski (Les Arcs and La Plagne) season lift pass
• Specialist ski insurance
• All meals, taken at apartment
• Ski hire equipment, if required
• Subsidised ski lessons (in low season)
• We're a small company, so you have the chance to make a real difference
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to email@example.com including JOB REF: 881 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV is sent to us and to the employer. We may suggest you to other employers we work with. Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number is Z2789849