Location : France, Morzine, Les Gets, Meribel, Tignes
Start Date : November to Apr/May
The Salary : Highly Competitive Flexible Package
Amazing food, delicious drinks and creative service, all set within some of the finest chalets in the Alps. Do you share our passions? If so why not join us for a season you’ll never forget?
We operate some of the world’s finest luxury ski chalets; exquisite residences with private facilities that rival five star hotels. They occupy the very best locations with truly incredible views and provide an amazing setting for us to deliver the service that we’re famous for. To do that though we need you. People that share our passion for delivering a modern and creative service to our guests. We believe our product is one of the most innovative in the industry, showcasing unique restaurant concepts, extensive drinks selections and a spa partnership with Bamford.
A Typical Day in the Job
Amazing food, delicious drinks and creative service, all set within some of the finest chalets in the Alps. Do you share our passions? If so why not join us for a season you’ll never forget? You will have the opportunity to train in our signature dishes including Kaiseki - our Japanese fine dining experience - as well as using your creativity to refine your own style and menus.
The role is hard work but highly rewarding. Whilst we have extremely high expectations of our team, we also strive to create a positive environment for our staff. We structure our roles into realistic shifts so you can be sure you will enjoy a positive work-life balance with plenty of time to explore everything the resort has to offer. After enjoying a winter season in the spectacular scenery of the Alps our chefs have gone on to work in Michelin starred restaurants, luxury yachts and exclusive private residences.
- Plans balanced, varied and creative menus for breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner that are tailored to specific guest requests as well as preparing staff meals as required.
- Works within the allocated budget and submits weekly menu plans and spend reports.
- Supports the Front of House teams as required and always take the lead in ensuring the kitchen is presented to high standards of cleanliness at all times.
- Maintain high levels of food hygiene during all preparation and service tasks, completing HACCP records as required.
- Prepared to work in an open kitchen, be observed by guests and demonstrate your passion for food on a daily basis.
Who are we looking for?
- Professional cheffing experience either in private dining or a restaurant with a strong understanding of fine dining
- A real passion for modern dining experiences and the luxury ski industry
- Flexibility – able to cope well with varied and changing tasks and environments
- Excellent verbal communication - proficient in English
- Organised and well-presented with an excellent eye for detail
- EU Passport and/or the right to live and work in France
- Ideal candidates would also have relevant experience in a seasonal / private dining environment i.e. previous seasonal experience (ski/villa/yachts/private chef)
What we can offer you
We offer a highly competitive salary and our flexible benefits scheme is market leading giving you the chance to define your own package to suit your needs - our packages include:
- Highly competitive salary & performance-linked bonus scheme
- Excellent pre-arranged seasonal accommodation (private room)
- Lift pass (local or full area)
- Ski/board and boot hire
- Meals whilst on duty
- Personal insurance
- Comprehensive training programme and ongoing professional development opportunities
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 985 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV is sent to us and to the employer. We may suggest you to other employers we work with. Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number is Z2789849