Location : France, Morzine, Les Gets, Meribel, Tignes
Start Date : November to Apr/May
The Salary : Highly Competitive Flexible Package
Amazing food, delicious drinks and creative service, all set within some of the finest chalets in the Alps. Do you share our passions? If so why not join us for a season you’ll never forget?
We operate some of the world’s finest luxury ski chalets; exquisite residences with private facilities that rival five star hotels. They occupy the very best locations with truly incredible views and provide an amazing setting for us to deliver the service that we’re famous for. To do that though we need you. People that share our passion for delivering a modern and creative service to our guests. We believe our product is one of the most innovative in the industry, showcasing unique restaurant concepts, extensive drinks selections and a spa partnership with Bamford.
A Typical Day in the Job
You will be the primary contact point for our guests in your chalet, leading all aspects of service delivery, so you'll share our passion for food and drink. You will meet some amazing people, both your guests and of course your colleagues. Normally you will be working with several junior Chalet Hosts so you'll need leadership skills but also a strong teamwork ethic as this is still a hands-on role.
It'll be hard work but hugely rewarding. Whilst we have extremely high expectations of our team, we also strive to create a positive environment for our staff. We structure our roles into realistic shifts so you can be sure you will enjoy a positive work-life balance with plenty of time to explore everything the resort has to offer. We operate a continuous professional development programme with sessions running throughout the season giving you the chance to develop broader skills to progress your future career, wherever life may take you. For now though, why not join us in the spectacular surroundings of the French Alps for a season you will never forget.
- Lead the service of breakfast and dinner in the chalet, confidently presenting our menus and drinks to ensure that guests enjoy an amazing dining experience
- Build a rapport with your guests to put them at ease whilst on holiday - help them to plan their daily itinerary including making lunch suggestions / reservations and handling any other in-resort concierge requests
- Ideally you will be confident in driving so that you can transport guests to the slopes each morning
- Mentor and oversee the work of a junior chalet host who will work alongside you - you will also need to oversee the chef to ensure your guest’s dietary requirements and preferences are met
- Take overall responsibility for the presentation of the chalet - both by supervising the work of your chalet host and housekeepers, and also through active hands-on involvement
- Produce accurate weekly reports covering various aspects of chalet operation and guest feedback
Who are we looking for?
- Previous five star hospitality experience and ideally previous winter season experience
- Competent and passionate about the delivery of fantastic food and beverage service
- Flexibility – able to cope well with varied and changing tasks and environments
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills - proficient in English
- Experience of dealing with international clients of different backgrounds is also beneficial
- Organised and well-presented with an excellent eye for detail in all aspects of chalet presentation
- Ideal candidates would hold a full driving license and be confident of driving a minibus in winter conditions (training provided)
- EU Passport and/or the right to live and work in France
What we can offer you
We offer a highly competitive salary and our flexible benefits scheme is market leading giving you the chance to define your own package to suit your needs - our packages include:
- Highly competitive salary & performance-linked bonus scheme
- Excellent pre-arranged seasonal accommodation (private room)
- Lift pass (local or full area)
- Ski/board and boot hire
- Meals whilst on duty
- Personal insurance
- Comprehensive training programme and ongoing professional development opportunities
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 986 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV is sent to us and to the employer. We may suggest you to other employers we work with. Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number is Z2789849