Location : France, Megeve
Start Date : Asap
The Salary : £250/week + tips (this is for you to save/spend everything else is covered), travel to and from London, medical insurance, ski and boot hire, full area ski pass, food and accommodation
I think the fact that Megeve is such a beautiful resort and fairly unknown by the British market so you do feel like you are in France rather than an extension of the UK. We also offer short breaks and ski weekends which is unusual. However, the reason our guests keep coming back to us is our wonderful staff. Guests often comment on how friendly and helpful our staff are. We believe this is because we look after our staff and make sure they are enjoying their season with us. Many remain our lifelong friends and this is reflected in how they in turn look after our guests.
A Typical Day in the Job
- Cooking breakfast, cake for afternoon tea and a 3-course evening meal for around 30 guests 6 days a week;
- Taking responsibility for food hygiene standards and processes in your kitchen;
- Ordering food to your chalet;
- Stock control, stock rotation and wastage minimisation.
- Working as part of a team with two chalet hosts, a manager and a driver/general helper to ensure that the guests have a great holiday.
- Work mornings and evenings with afternoons off to hit the slopes and ski (excluding Sunday transfer day) plus one day off/week!
As a relatively small company, we’re open to individual ideas and originality in our kitchens. We can give you set menu plans and templates to get you started, but one of the best things about working for us is your freedom to be creative and not cook the same meals week-in, week-out. We pride ourselves on the standard of cuisine that we offer and want you to be part of it.
Who are we looking for?
- Great cooking skills and experience
- Chef qualifications including Food Hygiene level 2 minimum
- An organised, constructive, passionate approach to work
- A friendly, flexible, team-orientated personality; you’ll be working as part of a team of five, although you will be the only chef
- Keen to get out and ski!
- You also need to have a Permanent UK National Insurance Number
What we can offer you
What we offer
- Competitive salary plus tips
- Travel to and from UK, medical insurance, food and good accommodation
- Ski / board and boot hire, full area (445km) ski pass and proper time off to use it
- A chance to influence your working environment and be part of catering decisions that will make your job and your food better
- Ski lessons for those who haven’t skied before or who want to improve
- One full day off every week, plus excellent ski time on other days (usually 5-6 hours/day, 5 days a week plus day off unlike other companies)
- A room to yourself, no need to share.
We ensure that your hard work is rewarded with what you’re here to enjoy: skiing. Megève is a great resort with a large ski area and fantastic off-piste. We like to ensure that our staff are happy, partly because happy staff makes happy guests but also because we are out in Megève for most of the season and we like to work with people who are enjoying themselves. A lot of our staff have remained our very good friends.
Please note, this vacancy has now been filled for the 2018/19 ski season. If you wish to be considered for a similar role for 2019/20, please submit an application using the form below. If you give us permission below, we may share your CV with our ski companies who are recruting for people with your skills or experience.
01603477471 | email@example.com
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 989 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV is sent to us and to the employer. We may suggest you to other employers we work with. Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number is Z2789849