Location : France, Megeve
Start Date : Mid-December 2018
The Salary : Competitive salary + tips + bonus, travel to and from London, medical insurance, ski and boot hire, full area ski pass, food and accommodation
I think the fact that Megeve is such a beautiful resort and fairly unknown by the British market so you do feel like you are in France rather than an extension of the UK. We also offer short breaks and ski weekends which is unusual. However, the reason our guests keep coming back to us is our wonderful staff. Guests often comment on how friendly and helpful our staff are. We believe this is because we look after our staff and make sure they are enjoying their season with us. Many remain our lifelong friends and this is reflected in how they in turn look after our guests.
A Typical Day in the Job
We are looking for an outgoing, organised apartment rep/flexi host/driver for the coming winter season, 2018/19. Megeve is an excellent place to spend a ski season with a huge ski area, there's great off-piste and you get plenty of time off to be able to enjoy your skiing. We work as a small team so there's always people to head on up the mountains with.
- Looking after our apartment guests and ensuring that they have everything they need from lift passes to restaurant recommendations.
- Cleaning the apartments on changeover day.
- Delivering meals to apartment guests and assisting the chef in preparing the meals
- Assisting in all areas of resort operations, including airport transfers, washing up, manning the bar and housekeeping in our other chalets;
- Generally helping out wherever extra hands are needed in resort.
-Two chalet-hotels in Megève: the Rond Point and the Sylvana, our superior chalet Les Clochettes and four self-catered apartments
-Five members of staff in each chalet/hotel: Manager, Chef, Driver/Assistant and two Hosts; 2 hosts in the chalet Les Clochettes
-Resort Manager, Resort Administrator and Maintenance in resort for support
We take pride in how well we take care of our staff, from the standard of our accommodation to the amount of ski time we offer compared to other companies.
Who are we looking for?
- You will need a clean driving license and at least 2 years or 2 seasons of driving experience as part of your paid employment. This can be goods or client transportation, driving to sites or any other driving experience at work. It doesn't have to have been a main part of your job but it will have to be backed up by a written reference from your employer (s). This is part of Swiss regulations surrounding picking guests up from Geneva airport so is a non-negotiable requirement for the job.
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Ability to work well independently and follow through with individual instructions and tasks;
- Experience in customer service, housekeeping and/or meal service would be an advantage;
- A friendly, flexible, team-orientated personality; you’ll be working as part of a team;
- Above all, a hard worker who can put it the hours and effort necessary to excel on a ski season
- You also need to have a Permanent UK National Insurance Number.
What we can offer you
What we offer
- Competitive salary plus tips
- Travel to and from UK, medical insurance, food and good accommodation
- Ski / board and boot hire, full area (400km) ski pass and proper time off to use it!
- A chance to influence your working environment that will make your job better
- Ski lessons for those who haven’t skied before or who want to improve
- One full day off every week, plus excellent ski time (usually 5-6 hours/day, 5 days a week unlike other companies)
We ensure that your hard work is rewarded with what you’re here to enjoy: skiing. Megève is a great resort with a large ski area and fantastic off-piste. We like to ensure that our staff are happy, partly because happy staff makes happy guests but also because we are out in Megève for most of the season and we like to work with people who are enjoying themselves. A lot of our staff have remained our very good friends.
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to email@example.com including JOB REF: 991 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV is sent to us and to the employer. We may suggest you to other employers we work with. Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number is Z2789849