Location : France, Megeve
Start Date : Mid-December 2019
The Salary : Competitive salary + tips + bonus, travel to and from London, medical insurance, ski and boot hire, full area ski pass, food and accommodation
I think the fact that Megeve is such a beautiful resort and fairly unknown by the British market so you do feel like you are in France rather than an extension of the UK. We also offer short breaks and ski weekends which is unusual. However, the reason our guests keep coming back to us is our wonderful staff. Guests often comment on how friendly and helpful our staff are. We believe this is because we look after our staff and make sure they are enjoying their season with us. Many remain our lifelong friends and this is reflected in how they in turn look after our guests.
A Typical Day in the Job
We are looking for an outgoing, organised, experienced maintenance person who can sort out the day to day maintenance in resort but is also able to take on larger projects in between seasons. You would also be our resort manager's deputy so we are looking for someone with management experience who can help to maintain standards throughout our chalets and liaise with guests and staff. Ideally you would speak french so that you can speak to suppliers. If things work out then this could lead to a permanent job as we have a summer business as well. Megeve is an excellent place to spend a ski season with a huge ski area, there's great off-piste and you get plenty of time off to be able to enjoy your skiing. We work as a small team so there's always people to head on up the mountains with.
- Looking after the maintenance in our chalets from minor maintenance jobs to more major projects, sourcing supplies and suppliers and running bigger projects if necessary
- Being the resort manager's second in command - managing staff, liaising with guests, maintaining standards in the chalets, ensuring that everything runs smoothly and the guests are having a great holiday.
- Taking part in the transport rota, picking guests up from the airport
- Assisting in all areas of resort operations, wherever needed including washing up, manning the bar and housekeeping in our other chalets
-Two chalet-hotels in Megève: the Rond Point and the Sylvana, our superior chalet Les Clochettes and four self-catered apartments
-Five members of staff in each chalet/hotel: Manager, Chef, Driver/Assistant and two Hosts; 2 hosts in the chalet Les Clochettes
-Resort Manager, Resort Administrator and Maintenance in resort for support
We take pride in how well we take care of our staff, from the standard of our accommodation to the amount of ski time we offer compared to other companies.
Who are we looking for?
- Experience with maintenance
- Management experience/customer service experience
- Ideally french speaking
- Ideally ski season experience
- You will need a clean driving license
- Excellent organisation skills;
- A friendly, flexible, team-orientated personality; you’ll be working as part of a team;
- Above all, a hard worker who can put it the hours and effort necessary to excel on a ski season
- You also need to have a Permanent UK National Insurance Number.
What we can offer you
What we offer
- Competitive salary plus tips
- Travel to and from UK, medical insurance, food and good accommodation
- Ski / board and boot hire, full area (400km) ski pass and proper time off to use it!
- A chance to influence your working environment that will make your job better
- Ski lessons for those who haven’t skied before or who want to improve
- One full day off every week & two half days, plus excellent ski time (usually 5-6 hours/day, 5 days a week unlike other companies)
We ensure that your hard work is rewarded with what you’re here to enjoy: skiing. Megève is a great resort with a large ski area and fantastic off-piste. We like to ensure that our staff are happy, partly because happy staff makes happy guests but also because we are out in Megève for most of the season and we like to work with people who are enjoying themselves. A lot of our staff have remained our very good friends.
Please note, this vacancy has now been filled for the 2019/20 ski season. If you wish to be considered for a similar role for 2020/21, please submit an application using the form below. If you give us permission below, we may share your CV with our ski companies who are recruting for people with your skills or experience.
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 991 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV is sent to us and to the employer. We may suggest you to other employers we work with. Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number is Z2789849