A Typical Day in the Job
You will be required to manage every aspect of running your very own hand-picked chalet for the season so you will be empowered to create the home from home, yet slick and professional, environment that we want for all of our guests. There is no doubt the role of Chalet Chef is something everyone should do as it really does provide you with the most incredible experience however undertaking this most prominent and important role in resort is not to be underestimated... It is often hard work and the hours are long but the rewards are endless. Here are just a few of the responsibilities that will fall at your door...
• Sharing your passion of cooking and food by providing hearty breakfasts and lovingly prepared 3 course evening meals on 6 nights a week with canapés and cheese on the 1st and last evening for up to 26 guests.
• Ensure guests are provided with the Powder White Product as marketed and sold and as trained on.
• Managing all fresh and dry stock in the kitchen. This will involve weekly budgeting and shopping on a weekly basis for ingredients, working to an allowance allocated and menu guidelines.
• A strong sense of cleanliness and hygiene by undertaking regular kitchen deep cleans as well as helping out on daily cleans in rooms and changeover deep cleans of the entire chalet
• Working within food and kitchen hygiene standards as set out in the Level 2 Award in Food Hygiene.
• Ensuring your kitchen and storage areas are kept at an extremely high level of cleanliness. Adhering to all food hygiene regulations (HACCP) including temperature checks of refrigerators/freezers, date dots on all fresh produce and daily monitoring of high risk items.
• Faultless and courteous hosting covering all aspects of welcoming guests, serving Breakfast, Afternoon Tea and the Evening meal to arranging ski packs or booking a restaurant.
• Keeping up strong communication and relaying valuable feedback by attending both weekly Accounts and Operations Meetings with your Resort Manager and Chalet Manager.
• Work to detailed Health & Safety Regulations and ensure that all elements of the property are in full working order.
• Ensuring that your chalet remains clear from snow in all necessary areas including entrances/exits, balconies, window sills.
• Playing a major role in the in resort team sales strategy for the season of ski hire/ski passes as well as Powder White Extras obtaining payments and details of credit/debit cards.