with Davvi Arctic
|Driver / Maintenance Resort Job|
|Finland, Enontekio Lapland|
|November - March|
Based in ‘True Lapland’, we pride ourselves on offering once-in-a-lifetime experiences in an unforgettable part of the world – a real winter wonderland. Far from the mass-market ski resorts or Santa ‘theme parks’, we choose to welcome guests from all over the world to remote, wilderness Arctic locations in the very north of Sweden and Finland - making dreams come true for thousands of children and grown-ups alike.
A Typical Day in the Job
Davvi Arctic is 250km inside the Arctic Circle. As a Resort Driver, you will navigate Scandinavian Arctic roads in a timely, safe, calm and considerate manner. We seek excellent, aware, careful, considerate, confident drivers with a passion for travel.
• Transfer passengers for excursions, airport pick-ups and longer journeys, as required.
• Maintain a clean, tidy, safe and roadworthy vehicle at all times.
• Act as a valuable source of information for guests.
• Make records as appropriate.
• Ensure the welfare and safety of passengers.
• Work within a team in a sometimes ever-changing schedule.
• Create a welcoming atmosphere in all vehicles.
• Provide excellent customer service throughout guests’ holidays.
• Health and safety - regular checks to be carried out on all vehicles as per company standards.
• Loading and unloading of clients’ luggage from vehicles.
• Undertake any training and professional development as and when required.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the job title, as may be determined by your line manager.
Who are we looking for?
Essential Skills and Experience:
• D or D1 driving licence (preferred). Additional positions are available for candidates with Cat. B licence held for a minimum
of 4 years.
• Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Good time management and organisational skills.
• Confident, friendly, flexible and enthusiastic with a good sense of humour.
• Proven experience in a fast-paced environment and excellent problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance.
• Excellent spoken English.
• EU passport.
• Previous work experience in customer service or as a guide.
• Experience of driving in Alpine or Arctic conditions.
• Experience of checking, maintaining and auditing vehicles.
• Experience of towing trailers.
What we can offer you
• Competitive salary.
• Shared accommodation.
• Staff meals.
• Generous pension scheme.
• Reimbursement of flights to/from Lapland.
• Holiday leave entitlement.
• Opportunity to enjoy Lapland excursions such as snowmobiling and husky sledding.
• Airport transfers to/from the resort
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 1263 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Davvi Arctic). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849