Gap Year Ski Chalet apprentice
with Jasna Adventures
|Driver / Maintenance Chalet Job|
|Start mid-December/end mid-Aprilt|
|Based on experience|
We operate the only fully custom designed hosted ski chalet in Jasna, with its own bar, sauna, jacuzzi and more. We're the closest chalet of our kind to the lifts.
Be the first choice adventure tour company for the Low Tatra region delivering a unique winter or summer end to end adventure experience for families and groups, which cannot be experienced anywhere else in the world.
To make you want to come back by delivering a holiday experience that combines professional standards, a personal touch, with our local knowledge, and global experience, across every facet (transport, accommodation, activities, food, local experiences) of your holiday regardless of the season.
A Typical Day in the Job
Each day will be different depending on what needs doing either filling in for staff day's off, helping the owners, or ensuring guests have what they need. You will be provided training on the job. You will work on a roster with scheduled time off.
You will work closely with the support of the chalet owners, who are Australian and Slovak.
Main duties will include:
- Looking after the chalet firewood, shovelling snow, cleaning vehicles
- Helping with driving (lift transfers, airport transfers)
- Ski orientation with guests
- Assist with ski tech for our in-chalet ski hire
- Assist chalet maintenance
- Assist with bar work
Who are we looking for?
We won’t hire you for your experience but for your attitude.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to use self-initiative and judgement
- Friendly and positive with an outgoing, but not overbearing, attitude.
- Able to relate to people from different backgrounds
- Self - organized with good time management, and able maintain a schedule
- Clean and tidy
- Drivers' licence with good driving experience and clean record.
Ideally you will have:
- Skiing/boarding ability from intermediate to advance level.
- Permission to work in the EU
What we can offer you
Room and board
• Food for meals/meals in chalet/bar
Monthly cash allowance
Weekly bar drinks allowance
Season ski pass for Jasna
Family and friend discounts
Please note, this vacancy has now been filled for the 2019/20 ski season. If you wish to be considered for a similar role for 2020/21, please submit an application using the form below. If you give us permission below, we may share your CV with our ski companies who are recruting for people with your skills or experience.
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 1312 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Jasna Adventures). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849