Chalet Couple (professional chef & host)
with Alpine 365
|Couple Role France|
|France, La Plagne|
|Very competitive salary, holiday pay; 2 days off a week; end of season bonus; full ski pack|
We are in the top 2 in Les Coches and Montchavin on tripadvisor. We were nominated as UK Best Chalet Company in the 2014 World Snow Awards; we were voted one of the Best 50 Alpine chalets in the Daily Telegraph. We consistently get 5* reviews on tripadvisor and our feedback forms.
We have a high number of happy, returning guests who love our chalets and what we do.
As a small family-run company with 5 lovely chalets in La Plagne, we really look after our staff - so you won't just be a number in a large organisation. It's really important to us that our staff feel proud of the company they are working for, and want to be part of our team. We also want our staff to get enough skiing time, love Montchavin La Plagne and have a great season with us.
A Typical Day in the Job
• Offering warm hospitality and looking after guests during their stay
• Creating and designing your own menu to include breakfast with cooked option, afternoon tea with homemade cakes, and a 4-course evening meal (including cheese course)
• Canapés or amuse-bouche at least twice a week
• Welcome and farewell sparkling wine aperitifs
• Preparing, laying out, plating up and clearing of all meals
• Daily cleaning and tidying of the chalet (making beds, cleaning bathrooms, kitchen and any shared space in the chalet)
• Weekly cleaning of chalet on change-over day, preparing for the arrival of new guests
• Cleaning and maintaining the hot tub
• Weekly stock-take, and shopping for food, according to a budget and guest levels
• Maintaining and observing all hygiene, health and safety standards
• Clearing snow and ice from steps, paths and parking spots
• Preparing kindling and laying and lighting fires most evenings
• Occasional driving of guests in company vehicles to and from ski lifts
• Arranging and delivering list passes to guests as required by Alpine365
• Ad-hoc other duties as required
Who are we looking for?
The chef must be passionate about food and beautiful presentation, professionally trained, preferably with fine dining restaurant experience, and be able to design his or her own menu within a budget. With a maximum of 12 to cook for, the chef will have time to add some creative garnishes and plate up beautifully. Although we offer a high level of dining, we don’t ask our chefs to spend all day in the kitchen, preparing 7-course tasting menus – and therefore, this position is highly sought-after as you will get plenty of time to ski.
The chalet host will be professional, presentable and friendly, and their role will involve looking after our highly valued guests, making them feel welcome and happy in the chalet that will become their home for the week. Your main role will involve maintaining extremely high standards of cleanliness, which will involve daily cleaning throughout the chalet. You will also be “front of house” at meals, ensuring that the quality of the food delivered by the chef is matched by your levels of service. Previous experience in catering and hospitality is a real bonus, but not a pre-requisite for an applicant with the right level of drive, a positive outlook to work, and an ability to get on with people of all ages, from children to grandparents.
You will both need a passport, a UK National Insurance Number, and a UK bank account. And ideally at least one of you will hold a clean, valid drivers’ licence and be over the age of 25 (for car insurance purposes).
What we can offer you
We offer a very strong package for the right staff:
• Highly competitive weekly wage into a UK bank account
• Holiday pay
• 2 full days off a week
• Additional performance related bonus at end of season
• 5% commission on any staff-generated bookings (can be worth £1,000s!)
• Access to customer tips – can be up to €300 per week per chalet
• Operation of chalet honesty bar – all profit for staff
• Staff accommodation either at or near the chalets (separate or shared apartments, dependent on which chalet you work in)
• Travel to and from the UK/Europe to the resort
• All relevant pre-season training
• Full Paradiski (Les Arcs and La Plagne) season lift pass
• Specialist ski insurance
• All meals, taken at the chalet/apartment
• Ski hire equipment, if required
• Subsidised ski lessons (in low season)
• Access to free wifi, TV, Xbox360/Wii
• As a small, family company that cares about our staff and guests, you will have the chance to make a real difference
• The chance to experience a great, French ski resort and live in the mountains for 5 months!
Tell us about you?
Who else is applying for this couple job?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
Attach Their CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 591 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Alpine 365). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849