with Davvi Arctic
|Resort Job Child Care|
|Finland, Enontekio Lapland|
|November - March|
Based in ‘True Lapland’, we pride ourselves on offering once-in-a-lifetime experiences in an unforgettable part of the world – a real winter wonderland. Far from the mass-market ski resorts or Santa ‘theme parks’, we choose to welcome guests from all over the world to remote, wilderness Arctic locations in the very north of Sweden and Finland - making dreams come true for thousands of children and grown-ups alike.
A Typical Day in the Job
Utilizing your knowledge of health and safety, activity planning and risk assessments, you will ensure delivery of all activities. You will be responsible for ensuring an excellent standard of service to clients, including providing appropriate briefings on activity content and health and safety.
You will be expected to be hands-on and will to help with pre-opening activity bases, ongoing trail maintenance and snow clearing during lack time between client activities.
Plan and Resource Activities:
• Plan and prepare activity content.
• Ensuring all activities are carried out within Standard Operating Procedures and policies.
• Memorize route plans and plan logistics to ensure successful and safe delivery.
• Ensure all kit and equipment is available for activities.
• Research and study local flora and fauna, wildlife and local folklore to enhance guest experiences.
• Deliver safe and effective activities in accordance with aims and objectives seeking to exceed client expectations.
• Provide briefings to clients, explaining and demonstrating activity content as appropriate.
• Ensure excellent customer service at all times.
• Make activity records as appropriate, incidents, near miss and equipment logs.
• Ensure the welfare and safety of clients throughout excursions.
• Be responsible for personal health and safety of yourself, co-workers and clients.
Non Instruction Responsibilities:
• Support and encourage open communication amongst clients and staff teams to ensure effective and safe activities.
• Assist during guest arrivals with providing Arctic thermal wear
• Clear snow as required.
• Maintain stocks of firewood, fuel, candles etc. at various activity bases.
• Undertake any training and professional development as and when required.
• Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate within the job title, as may be determined by your line manager.
Who are we looking for?
Essential Skills and Experience:
• On appointment, will hold a minimum of one outdoor adventure Coaching qualifications: Summer ML Award, Single Pitch
Award, Level 2 Canoe/Kayak Coach or UKCC 4* Canoe/Kayak, Mountain Bike Leader Award, Level 2 Sailing/windsurfing coach, Ski
Instructor. Without formal qualification, candidates must have a minimum of 12 months’ work experience as an
• Candidates must hold a recognized outdoor emergency First Aid Certificate.
• Experience of planning and resourcing outdoor activities.
• Proven ability to work effectively with clients and as part of a team.
• Ability to motivate and encourage people, utilizing strong communication and people skills.
• Ability to remain calm in difficult situations and identify solutions to problems.
• Ability to set appropriate professional standards for self and others.
• Valid driving licence.
• Experience of alpine, Arctic environments or undertaken previous adventurous expeditions.
• Experience of checking, maintaining and auditing off-road vehicles and outdoor equipment.
• Knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
What we can offer you
• Competitive salary.
• Shared accommodation.
• Staff meals.
• Generous pension scheme.
• Reimbursement of flights to/from Lapland.
• Holiday leave entitlement.
• Opportunity to enjoy Lapland excursions such as snowmobiling and husky sledding.
• Airport transfers to/from the resort.
• Staff Uniform.
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 1262 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Davvi Arctic). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849