Transfer Driver / Handyman
|Driver / Maintenance France|
|France, Courchevel Le Praz, The 3 Valleys|
|To be discussed on application|
skivo2 is a family run and operated ski chalet business and has been in existence since 1987. We are based in Courchevel Le Praz and operate 7 chalets all of which are based centrally in the village.
Here at skivo2 we offer our guests an inclusive ski instruction programme as part of our chalet holiday package which is unique in the industry. We also offer our guests top quality service and fabulous food and wines.
Our aim is to ensure our guests have their best skiing holiday ever with the very best British ski coaching in the best ski area in Europe. We have a 95% return guest rate here at skivo2 and many of our staff return year after year too.
A Typical Day in the Job
We are looking for conscientious and highly motivated individuals to provide guest driving services and to maintain our chalets over the winter season. The duties are varied and are listed below. It is a role that requires involvement and dedication, however the role does allow for plenty of skiing/snowboarding during the day.
We expect all of our team to offer a professional “nothing is too much trouble” level of service to our guests, many of whom return year after year, and you will be expected to fulfil the following duties:
• Transfer day (Saturday) will involve driving to and from Geneva or other airports. At peak periods this may involve two return trips. On occasion you may be required to undertake airport transfers mid week.
• Guest shuttle service at 08:30hrs from one of our chalets to the gondola station and driving any beginner guests to Courchevel 1850 and each evening between 17:00hrs – 19:30hrs provide Chalet Nicola bespoke driver service as requested.
Maintenance and Delivery
• Monitor damage, breakages and breakdowns for all skivo2 chalets and property and where possible carries out first line maintenance of plumbing or basic electrical issues. In more serious cases to arrange and oversee repairs carried out by an appropriate technician.
• Ensure the chalet staff can contact you between 17:00 – 21:00hrs each evening to discuss chalet problems.
• Move and stack wood – ensuring each chalet has sufficient advance stock.
• Pick up and delivery of wine – making sure each chalet is well stocked with wine. This will involve driving to our supplier in Moutiers.
• Maintains vehicle logbook, accounting for all mileage and fuel consumption/costs.
• Maintains cleanliness of vehicles, including daily clean inside and weekly clean out.
• Maintains vehicles in good mechanical order.
• Reports immediately to skivo2 management any required repairs or replacements.
• Keeps all driveways, paths, steps, balconies and any other potentially hazardous areas clear of snow as required.
• Manages laundry and collects and distributes linen, beds and other special equipment between chalets as required.
Who are we looking for?
• Previous maintenance experience is essential
• Full, clean driving license (must be at least 21 years (for vehicle insurance purposes)
• Ability to work independently as well as being a strong team player
• Excellent time management and organisational skills with a ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude
• Great guest relations and strong interpersonal skills
• Conversational French is helpful
Applicants must hold an EU passport. All candidates should be mature and able to prove relevant experience /qualifications.
What we can offer you
Highly competitive salary
Accommodation in shared room and all meals
Skis and boots for the season (if needed)
Opportunity to join our guest ski lessons
Courchevel season ski pass (with the opportunity to upgrade to a 3 Vallees season ski pass)
Carte Neige ski insurance
Return travel from London to Courchevel at the beginning and end of the season
One full day and 2 additional half day mornings off each week
Use of free wifi either in your staff accommodaiton or in our guest chalets
Tell us about you?
Why would you be good for this job?
Attach Your CV
iPhone/iPad User? - if you are unable to attach your CV, you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org including JOB REF: 1324 or paste a Cloud link to your CV into this box:
Your CV will be sent to us (Best Web Jobs Ltd) and to the company advertising this role (Skivo2). Best Web Jobs Ltd is registered under the Data Protection Act 2018. Our registration number is Z2789849